Ch.46

It's been three days since Y/n and I had confessed and I've never felt farther away from her. She didn't come visit me in the lab. She never made eye contact. She always looked busy with something or someone else. My brothers actually still thought we were mad at each other.

I couldn't tell them we were together because it seemed as if Y/n didn't want to. This ordeal was overall very confusing. Maybe she doesn't actually like me and regrets what happened. That would seem likely. What if wants more than what I can offer?

I walked out the lab and found her playing Pokemon with Mikey. "Umm...Y/n? You really should be finishing this homework...You go back to school in less than 2 weeks..."

She nodded. "I'll do it...after I beat Mikey."

"Hey what do you mean beat? I'm winning so far!"

"That's because I haven't used my powerhouse yet."

I rolled my eyes at them, but really, I was jealous she was so comfortable with him.

Since she wouldn't visit me in the lab, I brought me work outside. I did most of my online research on my laptop in the living room now, and still, she wouldn't talk to me out of what was necessary. I'm not sure how much of this I could take. I wanted to be with her. This was not how I imagined we would be after our first kiss. 

My grandiose thoughts aside, I was going to talk to her tonight. Almost as if this was now a thing, Raph was leaving her room, only this time I did not care to hide. He just looked at me and shook his head, as if he were judging me.

"What?"

"Why are you so awkward?"

"What? "  Where did that come from?

He just rolled his eyes and carried on. Whatever. I wonder what kind of questions he asks Y/n so often.

Knock Knock

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

"Oh, um, yeah."

Y/n's P.O.V.

Donnie closed the door behind him and looked as if he wanted to say something. 

"Did you need something?" I looked away, waiting.

"I-I...I wanted to know why you're so distant now? Logically speaking, I'd expect the opposite..."

Crap. He noticed...well...I guess I wasn't really hiding it...

"I thought we mutually liked each other," he continued through my silence. "Don't we?"

I nodded, still not looking at him.

Donnie's P.O.V.

"Then why won't you even look at me now?! Why don't you talk to me? Or visit me in the lab?" She cringed at my sudden intensity, but my feelings had been bottled up for half a week. "How do you think I feel seeing you so at ease with my brothers, but the moment I walk in the room you stiffen and look as if I was the last person you want to see?"

She was looking at me now, but still said nothing, almost as if in a daze.

"Could you at least respond?! "

"Because it's weird! I've never been in a relationship with anyone and I don't know how to be more than friends!"

"But you  kissed me!"

"In that moment! You wouldn't let me talk!"

"Do you regret doing so?"

"...No..."

"So how come you avoid me so much?"

"I don't know what to talk about, what to do, how to look at you without-...It's all embarrassing and uncomfortable!"

Y/n's P.O.V.

He had a small smile tugging at his lips. "Well I think, you just have to get used to this," he said as he pulled me up into his arms. "And this," he continued as he caressed the side of my face. "And this." He kissed me. I was surprised at how forward he was being, but liked it. A lot. 

"You know, you must be blushing pretty hard because you face is really warm..."

"Oh my god, shut up."