Ch. 59

Y/n's P.O.V.

I came over the next couple of nights, knowing Donnie would probably not come over on his own. I myself was pretty sure that they were done with their mating season, but I was going to wait to see how long it would take for him to tell me about it. 

I noticed pretty early on that Mikey was purposely trying to keep me away from Donnie, and I felt Leo's and Raph's careful watch every now and then too. It was embarrassing, but it was funny too. Donnie was clearly annoyed with Mikey's interruptions, and I would do nothing about it to see when he'd blow up on him. But he never did. 

Donnie didn't have Raph's temper, but he did indeed have one. I found it funny whenever he yelled, of course if it wasn't directed at me. It was like waiting for a bomb to go off.

"Y/n, could you help me with something in the lab?" Donnie asked coming from the kitchen.

"Okay."

"Wait!" Mikey came from his room. "Y/n! You need to...uh...um..."

"Leo? " Donnie shot a glare.

He sighed. "Mikey. Just leave them alone."

Raph snickered and I quickly went into the lab. It was awkward.

Donnie slowly closed the door and came to sit. He sighed in relief and smiled at me. I laughed a little and looked around. I could see he had been busy these past few weeks. There was a lot of new stuff everywhere. 

"You know you don't have to agree to everything Mikey wants to do. You're the only one who takes him seriously."

"Ha. I don't think I take him seriously, but I don't like disappointing him. Plus it's kinda funny."

"What's funny?"

"Your face every time he does something."

He pouted but smiled soon afterwards.

Donnie's P.O.V.

"So..." She looked over. "You know how I told you to stay away...and was kinda weird before that too..."

She pressed her lips and nodded. 

"Um... well it-it kinda...I mean...I was going through something called...um...mating season...It's over now though!" I waited for her to react, but she kept her lips pressed and blushed.

She then busted out laughing, but soon caught herself and then suppressed the rest of her giggles.

"W-What are you laughing at? I'm not joking..."

"I know your not. I knew you guys were in season."

"How-Wait. Um. Only I was in season...the guys were normal...why? Did they seem weird to you too?"

"N-No. I just assumed all of you were..."

"How'd you know?"

"Someone did a presentation on turtles about a month ago...Why were you only affected?" she asked.

"I-um...Don't freak out or anything...but my body kinda reacted to you. You're kinda my mate so...this will probably happen every year...I didn't want to freak you out before..."

She widened her eyes and blushed, but said nothing. "Sorry I didn't tell you...I thought you'd be scared of me..."

We looked at each other in silence. "Wait. If you knew, why'd you let me into your room that night. Obviously, I wasn't completely sensible that night."

"Yeah...but...I wanted to see what you would do..."

I stared at her like she had lost her mind.

"You? What? I basically almost assaulted you!"

"I-I wouldn't call it assault..."

I was about to scoff...but then thought about what she actually meant... that meant she enjoyed it too...She's blushing so hard...

"So...does that mean you-"

"Shut up. Just shut up. You don't have to ask me that. You just want to embarrass me." She covered her cheeks with her hands. 

"You're so adorable."

She rolled her eyes, "Oh my God..." then placed her head on the table.

"Y/n~" I poked her shoulder, but she didn't respond.

"Y/nnn~"

"What?" she asked, pretending to be curt.

"I liked kissing you like that too."

"Ugh..."