Chapter 29

Hyungwon

I took my things and there found all the other workers ready for the outreach activity. As usual, I had Daeum beside me.

I kept eyeing her though. I couldn't take my eyes off her and everytime I do, I remember last week's night when she told me about her and Minhyuk.

I dont know? I feel like it's kind of a loss for me.

Loss? Wait what am I saying? I dont plan on getting Daeum for myself am I? Ugh

Meanwhile, back in the house Riana just tried to stay neutral with me. No intimacy, no romantic anything though I try to solve things with her.

"Annyeong Daeum-ssi." I suddenly saw Minhyuk approaching the both of us.

"Mwoya? You're coming with us too?" Daeum said.

"Ne. Obviously." He said and suddenly gazed at me.

"Mwoya. What are you looking at?" Minhyuk noticed my eyes on them.

"... Nothing hyung." I said.

I think he sensed a bit of tension and jealousy within me and so he smirked and looked at Daeum.

"Were you.. the one who took me back to my place?" He asked.

"Ne, it was me." She confirmed.

"Thank you. I owe it alot to you that you still care about me." He said.

Daeum only gave him a nod. I didn't realize it but I had been looking at them with a dumbfounded face. Seriously why would Daeum still care for her ex? She should leave Minhyuk alone!

"If you dont mind, can we have a dinner so I could pay yo--" Minhyuk started.

"No. Stop that and Daeum-ah let's go now." I held her hand and dragged her away, cutting Minhyuk off.

"Yah! What was that for?" Daeum asked.

I was about to answer her when I saw Riana looking at the both of us and me holding Daeum's hands. I immediately released my grip as soon as I noticed. It made me feel uncomfortable of my sudden actions now.

I saw Riana shake her head in disappointment as I then found Hanbin eyeing everything else.

"That guy is still here huh?" I mutter.

"Huh? Nugu?" Daeum asked but I did not answer and instead threw a death glare over to Hanbin.

I swear, he shouldn't dare touch Riana again.

____________________

Daeum

We arrived at the place and I saw the small community gathered in a circle already, excited to welcome us warmly. As soon as we got there, they all rejoiced and were very happy.

We began our gathering with a small instruction and speech from Hyungwon himself.

"Okay, so we are about to begin now. You were all apparently oriented for what you should do. Take care of your foster families for now, okay? Now go to your respective families assigned." Hyungwon ordered and everyone dispersed.

"Sajangnim, how about me?" I asked him.

"You're with me of course." He smirked as we then went.

We followed the ahjumma which we will be in charge of. She had a little cute baby with her which both Hyungwon and I couldn't stop admiring.

"Please forgive our house. We have no electricity and it's really poor." Ahjumma excused.

"It's fine. That's why we are here to help. You can ask us to do any chore for you, that's basically our objective for today." Hyungwon answered.