Chapter 10

Daeum

"You're not hungry anymore?" Minhyuk smiled as I got back my seat together with Hyungwon.

"I ate well." I nodded.

"Good to hear." He raised his eyebrows and smiled widely.

We suddenly started giggling together.

"There's still 10 minutes before our next class." He continued.

"Right..." I agreed.

"Daeum-ah, let's be friends. I know I disrespected you on your first day but it has been a couple of weeks in school already." He suggested.

"That's fine with me. Annyeong, Lee Daeum imnida~" I reached out my hand.

"Annyeong Daeum. Minhyuk! Lee Minhyuk!" He took my hand and shook it.

"That was better. We're starting anew okay? If it's alright can I get to know you better?" He asked.

"Umm.. yeah, sure."

"I'm Lee Minhyuk, I'm the youngest son of the Lee family, and we own a company. Probably we specialize in alcohol? Drinks! So if you have time would you like to come over and taste our wine?" He offered.

"Hahahaha, mian. I don't drink." I rejected him and faced the other way.

"Hyungwon-ah, what's your family company all about?" I turned my attention to Hyungwon who was solving a math problem on his notebook quietly.

"Hmm... Chae.... Oh, we're in the industry of airlines." He thought before answering me.

"Airlines?! Wahh! Can you give me a ride sometime? You know me so I'm not charged right?" I got excited.

"Pabo." He flicked my forehead.

"Agh!! Did you use a flicking technique on me?!"

"Your meal was already free as a treat from me, if you'll choose our airlines dont try to expect anymore." He nagged.

"WHYYY?" I pouted.

"Plus, if you'll ride there I'll make sure to charge you more than the normal fee." He laughed.

"Unfair... I thought we were friends." I rolled my eyes.

"Ya! Daeummie?" Minhyuk called me again to remind me that we were the ones talking.

"Oh. Mian." I apologized because I lost focus in our conversation.

"It's alright. So, tell me about you. A little background." He said as it was my turn.

"Actually... Ever since I turned 12.. My mom and dad decided to leave me with my helper ahjumma and driver ahjussi. They stood as my parents for 6 years now." I said.

"Mwo? Jinjja? How do you feel?" He asked.

"I'm quite gloomy. They would usually only come home on holidays. I have been transferring schools too and I didn't know why." I laughed and shrugged.

"But, I tried to understand. We weren't that well off as a family before so they're working really hard overseas now for me and that's why I have everything I need. I'm fine and still happy." I assured him that I was alright.

Minhyuk gave me a sympathizing look and later on he put a hand on my back.

"I'm here for you." He looked at me in the eye as he spoke.

I didn't know how to respond to him but I guess I'll take it as him being a reliable oppa to me.

"Gomawo, Minhyuk-ah." I thanked him for offering his kindness.