"So, how was the food? Do you like it?" Xander's voice cut off my train of thought. I looked at him and saw the hope and worry in his eyes. I looked at the food and back at him again and gave him a nod with a smile. His eyes lit up like a child opening a Christmas present, and he beamed at me. His smile was contagious that I felt myself beaming back at him.

"That's great!" Xander exclaimed, almost jumping up and down in his spot. I looked at him in amusement. He must have noticed my look because he cleared his throat and tried to act normal, but I could still see the corners of his lips twitching, trying to prevent a smile.

"Sorry. That was the first time I ever cooked something. When I was a little boy, I would watch my mom while she cooks some food for us. She also taught me how to cook some meals, like the bacon and fried eggs, but never had the time to perfect it since I became the Alpha of this pack." he explained. I nodded at him and continued eating my breakfast.

"I'll do some paper works in my office. Just holler if you need anything, okay?" he said giving me a smile.

"Wait, aren't you going to eat something?" I asked.

He looked at me and gave me a smile.

"No, I'm not really feeling hungry right now. I'll eat something later, but now I have to finish some paper works to prepare for the war that's about to happen." Xander said, his voice turning serious. I nodded at him, feeling my appetite disappear at the reminder of what's about to happen between Xander's pack and my old pack.

The sound of the doorbell alerted both me and Xander. I saw Xander's eyes glaze over before he let out a growl, a scowl painted on his face. He went to the front door and opened it roughly.

"What?" he spat out.

I abandoned my breakfast and followed him to the front door. The person outside caused a smile to light up my face.

"Hey, Sam. How are you?" Cameron asked with a grin on his face. Right next to him was Blake and a few other guys I didn't recognize. A guy around his early twenties was standing beside Cameron, looking around. I smiled back at him and made a move to greet him, but Xander's arms wrapped around me possessively, letting out a growl towards Cameron.

"She's fine. Now, go away." Xander said rudely, but Cameron didn't seem bothered with his rude behavior. He waved Xander off, making him even more annoyed, and focused his gaze at me. I gave him a small wave and a smile.

"I'm good, and you?" I asked him.

"I'm good now that I've seen you," Cameron said in a joking manner. Xander didn't seem to appreciate the joke because he pulled me impossibly close to his chest and let out a possessive growl that made the windows shake slightly.

"Calm down dude, I was only joking," Cameron said, a smile still painted on his face. Xander stopped growling but still has a scowl on his face.

"Why are you here?" Xander asked in a slightly rude tone.

"Well, I heard about what happened between you and Rick, so I came here to make sure that Sam was okay and to see if I could help you guys fight this war," Cameron explained, his expression and tone turning serious.

"I don't need your help," Xander growled out.

"I had a feeling you were gonna say that, but I won't go anywhere until you let me help you guys fight this war," Cameron said, determination in his voice.

Xander let out an annoyed growl. I looked at him and gave him a pleading look to let Cameron help us. His eyes softened slightly but turned annoyed again. He looked at me, then Cameron, then me again, before sighing and giving an annoyed look in Cameron's direction.

"If I let you help, will you go away?" Xander asked Cameron.

Cameron nodded, a smile lighting up his face.

"Yes," he answered.

"Fine! Fine, I'll let you help us win this war, but just so you know I didn't really need your help." Xander said.

Cameron shrugged and gave me a smile.

"I and my men will stay here for about an hour and two, just to get some rest before we hit the road," Cameron said.

"Whatever, as long as you're gone and off my land then I don't care," I heard Xander mutter to himself.

Cameron just shook his head let out a chuckle.

"I'll see you later Sam." Cameron said before walking away with the rest of his men.

___________________________________________________________________