Chapter 15 New York New York

Ryder's POV
Unbelievable an hour after I get home from vacation with the family, I'm whisked away to New York. Not that I was complaining, another week off school. Me, Effy, Dani and Finn who was going to see Rachel got on the train, which took about five hours. Got a cab and separated. Finn and Dani were staying in Rachel, Kurt and Santana's apartment. Whereas me and Effy were staying in a hotel.
"So why have we come to New York?" I enquired dropping both our suitcases by the bed.
"I needed to get away from Lima for a while and Rachel said we can sit in on some NYADA classes. And we have a room to ourselves for a week" she replied. She walked over to me and unzip my trousers.
"We haven't even unpacked yet" I laughed as she pulled my shirt off.
"You've been gone for two weeks" she explained.
"Fair point" I countered. I lifted her up and threw onto the bed before sliding on top of her in my grey boxers.
---------------------------
Effy's POV
"Welcome to NYADA" Rachel cheered. She had already shown me the round room, the drama studio an the common room. Now we were in the dance studio. I felt so at home in here, like electricity crackled through my bones.
"You want to try it out?" Rachel enquired. I screamed and ran into the middle of the room. I was wearing leggings and converses so I could move free in them. Rachel came over to the bar and joined me in stretching. Kurt was showing Ryder around so it was just me and Rachel.
"Platypus why are you in my studio?" a voice called from behind us. I turned to see a blonde woman in leggings and a crop top, she had some major league abs as well.
"Sorry I was just showing Effy around and she loves dancing so this is our last stop" Rachel replied.
"Stick around I have my senior class coming in in a minute. You can get the full NYADA experience" She explained. And as she said minutes later about twenty twenty year olds entered in dance gear.
"Alright today we'll be working once again on flexibility because you are old shockingly stiff" She bitched. The class flew by really quickly and it was just about to end when...about half of the group fell over at the end of the routine.
"Can anyone in here tell me what they did wrong?" she enquired. I slowly rose my hand.
"Yes friend of the platypus?" she asked.
"They didn't centre themselves properly" I ventured. She smiled.
"Very good" she smiled. The bell rang and almost every trampled over each other to get out. Except for one guy who walked up to me.
"Think your better than us huh?" he enquired. Rachel appeared at my side.
"Bug off Brody" she snapped.
"You want the full NYADA experience fine...I challenge you to midnight madness. Tonight at midnight" he growled.
"Really I thought it would be in the afternoon since it's called Midnight madness" I retorted. Rachel coughed back a laugh.
---------------------------
"You got challenged to midnight madness on your first day. Wow must be a record" Kurt laughed. I hit him.
"The guy who challenged me is a senior of a performing arts school. I have no chance at beating him" I laughed.
"Please you can total hand it to Man-whore Ken" Santana added.
"It depends what song she picks though as well" Dani pointed out.
"So I know it's basically a sing off but I need more details please?" I begged Kurt. He sighed.
"It's NYADAs fight club. A song is chosen at random and it's basically a battle to the death. The winner gets ultimate bragging rights" Kurt explained.
"I think maybe I should go down there and kick everyone's ass with my amazing talent" Santana added while flicking through he Netflix account.
"Santana" Kurt and Dani warned at the same time. I could tell that happened a lot. Every conversation I had with Santana started with her talking about her amazing talent.
"What NYADA can't handle my talent" Santana shrieked.
---------------------------
"The only reason that Brody is challenging you is because he knows you're my friend and he wants to get back at me for leaving him for Finn" Rachel explained frantically as me, her, Santana, Kurt, Dani and Ryder strode into the dance studio. It was dark, only lit by a few candles. Everyone was in a hushed whisper.
"So this isn't like a dance fast number?" Ryder enquired.
"Not likely" Kurt sighed.
"I'm screwed" I muttered.
"Alright then standard midnight madness rules apply. The challenged gets to pick the song out of the hat" Kurt explained. I walked forward and picked out a single piece of paper. Huey Lewis and The News - Do You Believe In Love.
"You both know the song?" Kurt enquired.
"In my sleep" I spat. The band started playing.

"Brody:
I was walking
Down a one-way street
Just a-looking
For someone to meet
One woman
Who was looking for a man

Effy(Brody):
Now I'm hoping (hoping)
That the feeling is right
And I'm wondering (wondering)
If you'll stay for the night
So I'm coming
(I don't wanna be lonely)
(Baby, please tell me)
I wanna love you all over

Both:
Do you believe in love
Do you believe it's true
Do you believe in love
Oh, you're making me believe it, too

Now the feeling
Is beginning to grow
And the meaning
Is something you only know
If you believe it
Take my hand
And I'll take your heart, come on

Brody(Effy):
Now I wonder (wonder)
Where does true love begin
I'm going under (under)
So I'm lettin' you in
My woman
(I don't wanna be lonely)
(Baby, please tell me)
I wanna love you all over

Do you believe in love
Do you believe it's true
Do you believe in love
Oh, you're making me believe it, too

Effy:
I used to have you in a photograph
I'm so glad it's changed
But now I've got you and it's gonna last
Do you believe in love

Both:
Do you believe in love
Do you believe it's true
(I'm so glad, I'm so glad)
Do you believe in love
Oh, you're making me believe it, too

Do you believe in love
Do you believe it's true
Do you believe in love
I believe in love, too" we both sang. Everyone was silent.
"Alright choose" Kurt laughed. Some people moved to Brody's side, some to mine. Kurt quickly counted.
"Well everyone...for the first time in NYADA history we have a winner who isn't even at this school" Kurt cheered. I won? I won. All of my friends, my boyfriend and my sister cheered the loudest. I ran into Ryder's arm. He lifted my up and placed a kiss on my lips. Yep I loved New York.
---------------------------
•DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE - HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS(OH MY GOD THIS WAS ON CHUCK)