Chapter 3 Sadness and Secrets

Effy's POV

Me and Ryder were sat in a booth near the window. It was a couple of minutes until lunchtime.

"Did she say what is was she wanted to talk about?" Ryder enquired.

"You read the same letter as me" I explained, he put his hands up in surrender.

"Are you nervous that she might be your grandma?" Ryder asked. I gripped his hand tightly.

"You can't imagine" I laughed. He rested his forehead on mine.

"I felt the same way when I was waiting to find out if I had dyslexia" He explained. I looked at him and pulled him in and kissed him.

"Well I wasn't expecting this" someone with a croaky voice announced, I looked past Ryder to see an elderly woman with Blonde curls, green eyes and was about medium height.

"Are you Elizabeth Puckerman?" She asked. I nodded.

"You're Elizabeth July?" I asked. She nodded before taking a seat across from me and Ryder.

"And this is...Jake?" She asked.

"No this is my boyfriend Ryder...Jake has no clue you even wrote to me" I corrected.

"Oh, well nice to meet you Ryder" Elizabeth laughed.

"I don't mean to sound rude but why did you write to me? I checked my family tree and both of my grandmas are dead" I explained.

"Well your adoptive mom's mother is dead" Elizabeth announced as if it was nothing. I was adopted? What the hell? This was completely mind blowing.

"Wait, wait, wait I'm adopted?" I shrieked. She went pale.

"Oh lord you didn't know. I am so sorry. I am you real mom's mom" She explained. My whole world had just fallen apart. The person that I had called mom for so long wasn't actually my real mom. Losing her had crippled me emotionally for so long.

"Ef you alright?" Ryder whispered in my ear. I nodded.

"So my real mom is?" I asked.

"She's a teacher of dance at NYADA" Elizabeth explained. Well my mom was still a dancer.

"Why did she never tell me about any of this?" I enquired. She shrugged her shoulders.

"All I know is that your real mom was pregnant with you in college and gave you to one of her dance friends who couldn't have children" Elizabeth explained. So my mom...and my mom were both dancers and that's how they both met.

"Who is my mom?, what's her name?" I asked.

"Her name's Cassandra" Elizabeth responded. Ryder leant forward.

"Sorry to interrupt but why did you contact Effy now?" Ryder asked. Why wasn't that my first question?

"I contacted her because...I just found out I have cancer...and I wanted to get to know my granddaughter before I pass" Elizabeth laughed like it was nothing. My grandma had cancer, I had only known her for two minutes and she was telling me she was going to die.

---------------------------

The weekend went really really slow. Elizabeth told me she only has a couple of weeks. So we were going to make the most of it. She was still making me go to school. Me and Marley were sat in french. She had her text book propped up so we could talk without everyone hearing.

"So she has cancer? And she sent you a letter at the start of summer? And didn't tell me till now?" Marley shrieked quietly hitting my arm.

"I know. She said I have a mom and two sisters" I laughed. Marley looked confused.

GLEE You Belong With Me(Sequel to Being Effy Puckerman)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara