Chapter 9 A KATY OR A GAGA

Effy's POV

Urrrrrgggghhhh...This was a new low. A four hour rehearsal to work out our set lists for Sectionals.

"Please we need to do I Love It by Icona Pop again" Kitty groaned.

"Or we could do Roar again" Bree counter.

"Never mind that what are we going to do for our musical number?" Jake asked. Everyone was pacing around in this perfect little circle. Whereas I sat back sketching them all.

"This is why we need Rachel or Kurt because they know all the musical songs" Finn sobbed into the piano.

"This isn't going to work we don't have our perfect group harmony anymore" Kitty pointed out. That's when the whole group started arguing. Mr Shue rolled his eye and was about to wolf whistled. I beat him to it though.

"Alright enough...we may be different but that's what makes us great. Like Bree is the biggest bitch here and how Marley is so innocent she goes crimson at the mention of anything sordid. We're Katy's and Gaga's" I pointed out. I walked up to the whiteboard and wrote A KATY OR A GAGA on it.

"This week if you think you're a Gaga then you'll be performing a Katy song and vice versa" I explained.

"How does this help us with our set list for Sectionals?" Ryder enquired.

"I'm glad you asked my slightly nerdy friend..." I say. Everyone looks at me with confusing looks.

"This will help us think with a more coherent string of thought" I responded. There were still some confused looks amongst the group but I think they got the basics of my point.

---------------------------

Ryder's POV

I was a Katy I knew it...I was a hopeless romantic everyone knew it. When I was still in love with Marley I had planned a whole valentines week. So...Marley was leading the meeting.

"Alright Katy-Kats we need to bring our game up to a new level. Become Gaga's or aka mega-bitches like Effy and Kitty" Marley pointed out. There was me, Marley, Aylin, Michael, Nellie and Seth.

"We could get a confetti cannon" Seth suggested.

"Skull shaped streamers" Nellie laughed.

"Please tell me I don't sound like that when I'm trying to win my girl back?" I asked Marley. She chuckled.

"No, she sees you and I quote, 'SEX ON A STICK' but don't tell her I told you" Marley begged. I chuckled.

"Your secrets safe with me" I laughed. The others were still debating what we should perform.

"How about we just perform Judas and be done with it?" Marley suggested it. Well that's that sorted. I hadn't actually listened to Judas all the way through.

---------------------------

Effy's POV

"I think we should get an actual ginger bread house constructed in the auditorium?" Kitty suggested.

"Or we can all get wheeled on in cakes and jump out?" Abraham laughed.

"How about making outfits out of candy?" Bree asked. I cringed at that last idea.

"Eeeewww" I replied. Everyone looked at me.

"Why don't we just sing?" I suggested.

We headed to the auditorium and sat down on stools.