Chapter Forty-Five: The Red Wedding

"He complained about this marriage the entire ride from Riverrun, now look at him," Robb mused from his seat beside Sanira, his eyes watching his uncle who was happily talking to his new bride. 

He had never thought that the man would look this happy after marrying Roslin, yet now there would be no denying that Edmure would be rather happy with his new wife. 

Sanira laughed softly sipping on her drink, her brown eyes watching Edmure and Roslin closely; they were seated up on the front table with Lord Walder and the man's much younger wife. 

Servants moved around the hall serving food and drink to the celebrating lords that were there, Robb frowned spotting when Roose Bolton refused more wine that was being served. 

"Is Lady Bolton not joining the feast my Lord?" Robb asked taking note that Walda was missing from her seat at her husband's side, he hadn't seen her since the wedding was over. 

Walda Bolton was one of Sanira's new ladies and it struck Robb as strange that the woman wasn't with her husband now when there was such a large feast going on. 

Roose Bolton stared at Robb for a moment, his blue eyes flickering from Robb to Sanira for a moment; he couldn't wait for this night to be over with what was planned. 

"She was not feeling well... so I insisted that she retired to our chambers," Roose Bolton replied calmly, he hadn't been expecting Robb to notice that Walda was missing but he had thought it best to keep his new wife away from the feast with what was planned. 

Robb nodded his head stiffly, he didn't know what it was but he didn't trust Lord Bolton for a moment; he was glad to have the man somewhere where he could see him right now. 

His attention turned back to Sanira when she took his hand, she offered him a small smile knowing that everything was going to be fine.

Robb leant forward and kissed his wife, he didn't care who was watching him when everything was so calm; he hadn't forgotten the danger that seemed to linger around them and that Sanira's dreams had warned them about. 

He had taken extra precautions to ensure that they were safe and Robb knew that if anything happened to his wife then he was going to have every man's head that was responsible for it. 

"Your Grace..." Walder Frey called from his seat, his eyes moving across the hall knowing that it was time; the crowds didn't need to take much of a hint about what was too come. 

Sanira felt a little nervous, she recalled this moment from her own wedding and she was still relieved that Robb had forbidden it when Theon had suggested it. 

Roslin smiled as Edmure whispered reassuringly in her ear before she turned her attention to her father when everyone was silent. 

"The Septon has prayed his prayers, some words were said and Lord Edmure has wrapped my daughter in a cloak, but... they are not yet man and wife, a sword needs a sheath," Walder Frey announced making people laugh and Sanira felt even more glad that she hadn't had to deal with that at their wedding. 

Robb brushed his fingers over the back of her hand, he doubted that he would have been able to cope with anyone else touching Sanira in that way or the idea of people watching them when she wasn't ready for that. 

"The wedding needs a bedding... what does my King say?" Walder Frey asked knowing that no one could say no to that, everyone around them seemed to get excited about the idea. 

Robb chuckled leaning forward in his seat, he didn't trust Walder Frey for a moment no matter how much the man tried to act like there was nothing going on here.