Chapter Five: Lady Sanira Stark

Hearing a noise to her left, Sanira slowly opened her eyes feeling a little disorientated about her location as she stared at the strange room that she found herself in. 

It took a moment for her to remember where she was and a small frown formed on her face for a moment as she glanced over her shoulder to where her husband should have been. 

The space where Robb had slept the night before Sanira was surprised to see that it was empty, she could not help but wonder where he had disappeared to that morning. 

There was no doubt that no one would expect them down in the hall to break their morning fast, they would all expect them to be enjoying the fresh start to their married life together. 

Moving to get out of bed, Sanira paused as the bedroom door opened and Aiana stepped into the room holding a tray; she was followed by another maid who was carrying fresh bedding. 

Sanira was just relieved that she did not have to deal with her mother, there was no doubt in her mind that sooner or later Arlenna would come to see how her night had been even if it was just to complain about the lack of consummation. 

"Good Morning my Lady," Aiana greeted setting the breakfast on a table, she smiled before moving to open the window and allow the morning light to stream in. 

It was a beautiful day and there was little point in staying locked away in the bedroom when everyone was in such wonderful moods after the wedding; the celebrations had gone long into the night even after the bride and groom had left. 

Climbing out of bed, Sanira moved to sit at the small table so that she was out of the way of the other maid; she looked like one that served her mother and Sanira could only guess why she was here. 

"Lord Robb sent me to make sure you have a relaxing morning," Aiana continued to talk while the other maid started to strip the bed, she paused for a moment seeing how clean the sheets were before she continued on with her work. Helping herself to her breakfast, 

Sanira nodded her head wondering where Robb had slipped away to; it would surely make the people talk if he did not break-fast with her the morning after their wedding.

Aiana set about getting clothes ready for Sanira, she peeked over at the other maid knowing that Arlenna had sent her to spy; she could not believe that anyone would agree to do that woman's dirty work. 

They were all silent until the other maid had done her work and left, leaving no doubt in Aiana's mind that she would go running to Arlenna with whatever she had been sent to discover. 

"Your Lady Mother would like to dine with you for lunch," Aiana murmured looking to Sanira, she was almost glad that Arlenna would not be hovering about and she knew that the woman would likely plant worries and doubts in Sanira's mind while she could. 

Sanira now held a position of power that Arlenna had only dreamed of it was no secret that Arlenna had always hoped to marry into a powerful family herself. 

House Tremaine had once been a great family, one that had seen many great marriages take place only for its luck to turn a couple of hundred years ago and still the House was trying to recover from such things. 

House Tremaine had been a fairly good family name to marry into, anyone in Westeros could say that but it did not have the power that House Stark or House Baratheon had gained. 

Sanira by marrying Robb would one day be Lady of Winterfell, her husband would become Warden of the North and Lord Paramount of the North giving Sanira power that only Arlenna had dreamed of. 

Her mother had never been silent about her dislike for a match that she saw below herself, she had bemoaned the fact her fool of her father had married her to a man beneath her.