Chapter Twenty-Two: The First Fight

Storming down the corridors of Winterfell, Sanira paid little attention to the people around her that bowed quickly to her; there was little guess where Sanira was going after what had happened moments ago. 

News had spread quickly around the castle about how three wildlings had attacked Bran and one had been brought back to the castle as a prisoner. 

This was the last thing that Sanira had expected when Robb had revealed his intention of taking Bran out to ride his horse for the first time; she had thought that with both Robb and Theon watching him that there would be no trouble at all. 

Storming into the hall where Robb was, Sanira ignored everyone that turned to stare at her; she hated that this was how had found out about all of this and she couldn't believe that Robb had allowed this to happen. 

Bran nervously looked at Sanira, he didn't want to be in Robb's shoes right now; he could see that Sanira was angry and he didn't blame her for being so. 

"Hodor. Please take Bran back to his room," Sanira said knowing that Maester Luwin could treat him there, she wanted to speak with her husband alone and she didn't want to do so in public. 

Hodor hurried forward to take his young master away, he left the hall quickly as he could; Maester Luwin followed after them, he eyed Sanira knowing that Robb was going to have to face his wife now. 

Waiting for the doors to close, Sanira watched the two men before her; she hoped that they had a very good reason that Bran had been allowed to be attacked. 

"What in the Seven Kingdoms happened?" Sanira snapped once she was sure the door was closed, she wanted nothing more to understand how three wildlings had been able to sneak up on them. 

Theon couldn't help but smirk knowing that he didn't have to deal with this, she wasn't his wife nor was she the real Lady of Winterfell.

"I'll leave you two alone," Theon mused turning to leave the hall taking the wildling woman with him as he left Robb alone to deal with his wife; he didn't have time for this and he was sure that this would be done with soon. 

Sanira eyed Theon as he walked out of the room, she should have known that he would run when she had come for answers; he was a coward that didn't understand that there were always consequences to your actions. 

Taking a deep breath, Robb looked to his wife and wondered how best to explain to her what had happened today; he was so angry with himself for allowing himself to get distracted by Theon about the state of things. 

"What happened?" Sanira asked walking towards Robb, she had been so worried when she had heard what had happened; she had been busy dealing with Aiana when the news had arrived. 

Sanira had been unable to join Robb and Theon watching Bran ride for the first time since she'd had a meeting with Maester Luwin that morning to discuss something important. 

It was the last thing that she had wanted, Sanira couldn't imagine what Catelyn would have said if she had come back to Winterfell to find that her son had been killed by wildlings while she had been gone. 

"I took my eyes off him for one moment and he vanished," Robb mumbled a little ashamed that he had gotten so distracted with arguing with Theon about what he should do for his next step. 

He had no idea why Theon wanted him to start a war with the Lannisters when he had family in the capital, he didn't want to risk them when this could all be sorted out soon. 

Eddard, Sansa and Arya were all living in the capital now and Robb couldn't bring himself to put them in danger; his father was a strong man and would know how to handle all of this. 

He still didn't know when his mother would be home and Robb was sure that she had news for them from his father that would inform him what to do next.

"You took your eyes off him?" Sanira repeated slowly, she couldn't believe this and she wondered what the hell he had been thinking looking away from Bran when his brother needed protecting. 

Everyone knew more and more wildlings had been wandering down from the North, the worst thing that could have happened had happened and Sanira wanted to know why it had. 

"What if he had been our child Robb? Would you still have been so careless?" Sanira asked worried, she couldn't imagine what would have happened if they hadn't found Bran in time. 

If the wildlings had succeeded in getting the horse from Bran, then he would have been lying on the floor for hours and hours if he hadn't been found right away with no way of getting back to the castle. 

Robb stared at his wife wondering what had brought this on, he knew that he had messed up but he had made it right by tracking Bran down and bringing him home safe. 

"But he's not our child, he is my brother," Robb said shaking his head, he moved to sit down wondering why she was making such a big deal out of this; sure losing track of Bran hadn't been the best thing but he was back in Winterfell and safe now. 

The only real thing that needed sorting out was what they were going to do with the wildling Osha, she was a prisoner now and would be put to work around the castle. 

Sanira closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down before she snapped and she knew that it could have been so much worse; she didn't want anyone dying while both Catelyn and Eddard were away. 

"But what if he had been our child?" Sanira asked opening her eyes to stare at Robb, her hand twitched wanting to rest on her flat stomach; however, she resisted the urge knowing that she couldn't just yet.

Robb grabbed his goblet and took a drink, he didn't know why she was worrying about this when everything had worked out; he would be more careful next time that he took Bran out riding on his horse. 

The last thing that he wanted was to continue fighting with her over this, Robb wanted to relax and he wanted to settle down after a rough day and forget about what had happened. 

"Why does it matter?" Robb asked exasperatedly, he looked at Sanira wondering why she was so worried about this; it wasn't like Bran had been seriously injured during the attack. 

He might have a small cut on his leg but Maester Luwin had reassured him that it could be easily fixed; Robb was sure that his mother would have enough to say about what had happened when she returned. 

It was only a matter of time before Catelyn came back and Robb hoped that it would be soon, he needed to know what his father had said while she had been in the capital with him about their suspicions. 

Sanira was the least of his problems right now and Robb was a little annoyed that she was upset with him right now; it wasn't like he had lost his brother on purpose when he had been speaking with Theon. 

"Because I am pregnant," Sanira revealed hoping that Robb could understand her sudden worry, they were going to have a baby in a few months' time and Sanira was afraid. 

Everything seemed to be changing around them and Sanira feared what the future might hold for them and their child if war broke out. 

Robb stared at his wife for a moment as her news sank in, a smile formed on his face before he moved across the hall and pulled her into his arms; he kissed her knowing that this news could not have come at a better time.