Chapter Four: The Wedding Feast

Thanking another person for their well-wishes, Sanira excused herself and walked away wanting to get some fresh air, the room was so loud and she wanted a little time to gather her thoughts for a moment. 

Sanira had barely had a moment to herself since she had stepped into the Great Hall, let adjust to the fact that she was now a Stark; her entire life changing from this moment forward. 

Making sure that no one was really watching her, Sanira slipped out of the hall wanting to have a moment or two to herself before she was forced to greet another Lord or Lady and converse with them. 

Sanira did not want to be rude but everything had happened so quickly and she had barely been able to wrap her head around the fact she was married before she had been dragged from pillar to post speaking with different people. 

She had tried to be polite and smile constantly, Sanira was doing her best but her head was still trying to catch up; she feared that she would be a terrible wife to Robb. 

What would people think when they realised the woman that was their future Lady of Winterfell was not up to the job, she knew truly little about how to do the duties that were going to be expected of her. 

The cool evening air greeted her as she stepped outside the castle, her eyes glancing upwards to the night sky and she almost wondered when the first snow would start to fall. 

Shivering a little, Sanira hurried further away from the hall doubting that her absence would be ignored for long; it was her wedding feast afterall. 

"Are you okay?" Catelyn asked appearing out of the hall, she had seen her new daughter leave and she was concerned knowing that Arlenna was not likely to offer much comfort to her. 

The other woman seemed more interested in downing the wine that she had brought for the wedding, after she had turned her noses up at what the Starks had to offer. 

"I'm sorry Lady Stark... I was just taking a moment to myself," Sanira apologised knowing how bad this must have looked, she wasn't trying to be rude and she wasn't used to being the centre of attention. 

It was something that Sanira would quickly have to get used to, she was going to be Lady of Winterfell one day and she would have a lot of responsibilities.

Walking over to Sanira, Catelyn offered her a reassuring smile knowing that she had felt exactly the same when she had married Ned; it had been a drastic change from the match that she had originally expected. 

It was Ned's older brother that she was originally meant to marry, his untimely death had drastically changed things and Catelyn knew that she could not come to regret her marriage to Eddard. 

"You can call me Catelyn. Sanira, we are family now," Catelyn replied softly, she looked out into the night and shivered knowing that the days were getting colder and the long summer was coming to an end. 

For some of her children, it would be the first winter that they had known and Catelyn could not shake the feeling that there was something else in the air. 

Looking at Catelyn surprised, Sanira slowly nodded her head and tried to wrap her head around that fact; she was unsure about how things would play out when her family returned to Aeredale. 

"Thank you," Sanira said looking out, she took a deep breath and tried to relax for a few moments; no one seemed to have come looking for her except for Catelyn. 

Even her new husband seemed a little distracted with his friends and Sanira was grateful for that, she still had no idea what to really say to him; it all felt so awkward when she was around him.