Chapter Eleven: Taking the Final Step

"He's so handsome," Sansa gushed thinking about Prince Joffrey, she couldn't believe that she might one day marry the prince that would whisk her away from this place and take her away to his castle. 

It was something that Sansa had always dreamt of marrying a Prince that would take her far from this place, perhaps to somewhere that knew what sun was rather than the constant dreary weather of the North. 

Sanira looked at Catelyn, who was braiding Sansa's hair while the girl prattled on about marrying Joffrey and gushed about the life that she was already picturing for them. 

She didn't blame her good-mother for looking bored at listening to Sansa talk on and on about Joffrey; she hadn't shut up about him since the royal court had arrived. 

"When would we be married? Soon? Or do we have to wait?" Sansa asked continuing on, she didn't notice the exasperated look on Sanira's face as she thought about the wedding that she would have when she married Prince Joffrey. 

It was sure to be a grand affair, probably to match the last royal wedding when Robert had married Cersei and Sansa couldn't wait to see the capital, this was everything that she had ever wanted and more. 

"Hush now. Your father hasn't even said yes," Catelyn murmured resting a hand on Sansa's shoulder, she wasn't fond of the idea of her daughter marrying the Prince; she got a bad feeling about him and it certainly didn't ease her mind. 

Joffrey might have been Robert's son but all that Catelyn could see was the Lannister in him, she had heard the whispers about his cruel nature and while she was willing to dismiss such things as rumours she did worry for her daughter.

 The Queen had done nothing but look down at everyone since she had arrived and it was plain to see that Winterfell was the last place that Cersei wanted to be. 

Catelyn was reminded a lot of Cersei's aunt in her restrictive behaviour, although she would not deny that she would rather house the Queen rather than Lady Arlenna any day. 

"Why would he say no?" Sansa asked confused, she couldn't understand the notion that her father would turn down what Robert was offering. 

It was everything that Sansa could have ever wanted and to head South would be wonderful, she had heard so much about the capital and wished to see it for herself.

Court life wasn't for everyone and would easy tear someone apart if they were not prepared for it, it was not the life that Sanira had ever wished for herself and she feared that life in King's Landing would not be what Sansa was picturing in her mind. 

"Please make father say yes," Sansa pleaded turning around to face Catelyn, her blue eye shining at the idea that her father would turn the King down and she wouldn't get to marry her beloved Joffrey. 

Catelyn stared down at her daughter, her heart pounding in her chest and she wasn't entirely sure what to say to her; she was still hoping that Eddard would say no to all of this herself. 

If she had her way, the King would leave disappointed and find someone else to be his Hand while he drank himself into an early grave and left her family alone. 

"Sansa..." Sanira whispered wanting to stop her good-sister, she could see how torn Catelyn was and this was going to be hard enough without Sansa plying on the guilt to get what she wanted. 

The young Stark girl had no idea what she was letting herself in for and Sanira could only worry about what would happen if Eddard agreed to Robert's wishes. 

There was a nagging feeling that was eating away at her, something that twisted her stomach at the very idea of Eddard and Sansa going South. 

"Please! Please!" Sansa begged turning to look at Sanira sure that she would understand what she wanted, this was her chance of her happily ever after and she just wished everyone could see that.