|ChApTeR fOuR| Wonder

Start from the beginning

"Japan, go!" I yelled, taking a hard left and running towards the key. I hardly even bent down when I swiped it, then charged towards the exit.

>Received Key<

I shoved the door open, rushing out and almost knocking over Japan in the process.

I screeched to a stop, using my heels. He panted heavily, hand placed on his chest. The two bars were still there, and once I took a good look at them, they vanished.

"Japan, are you okay?"

"H-Hai...And you, (Name)?"

"Yes...Thanks to you. Thank you for saving me before."

Japan nodded. "You're welcome." He stood up straight and narrowed his eyes. "We have to find the others as soon as possible."

"Yeah. Wait Japan, where's that riceball you found before?"

"Oh, the Onigiri? It's right..." Japan blinked a few times and sighed. "I believe I dropped it. I should go and retrieve it."

"I'll come with you." I trailed behind him. He went to the desk and I tried to follow him, but stumbled over a key. Where did it even come from?!

I picked it up and Japan approached me with the Onigiri. I lifted up the key to show him.

"A key? I haven't noticed it before. Maybe that Thing dropped it during out fight." He said, walking out the room.

I followed behind him, raising an eyebrow. 'I doubt that...'

After several minutes of searching for what room the key unlocked, we found what we were looking for on the fourth floor.

Click.

I unlocked the room and ventured inside with Japan by my side. I found even more books and empty drawers, getting bored until I hear the squeaking of a bookcase. I glanced up to see Japan pushing a bookcase aside, revealing-

"I-It's. So. Cute!"

I gushed and ran over to a white lump of squishiness that had bright blue eyes and a cowlick. I poke its soft cheeks gently, giggling.

" Oh, a mochi. Are you stuck?" Japan thought aloud and placed his hands on the sides of the mochi once I decided to leave it alone. He tried to pull it out, but stopped, frowning. "Ah, I can't get you out. Not like this. Poor thing... I think Germany might be able to get you out though. I wonder if he would come here for that? Then again, maybe I will have to get HIM out."

"Mm-hmm, I have a feeling he's just making up excuses." I shrugged. "But I wouldn't know why, honestly." I patted the mochi's head. "Don't worry little guy, we'll get you out." I looked up to Japan. "So shall we get back to Germany?"

"Hai."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wha... ? Was that door here before? Or is it just my imagination? I'm sure it wasn't an iron door, though..."

Japan and I stand staring at the place where the curtain was before, now replaced with an iron door.

"Hmm... Germany, do you have a minute?"

"Is that you, Japan? What's the matter?"

"You see, there's a mysterious mochi stuck in a wall in a room on the fourth floor. I feel a little sorry for it, so I was wondering if you could get it out."

"I see. Okay, I'll go and get it out. I just have one favor to ask you, though."

"Sure, if it's something I can do." Japan answered slowly.

"You see, when I was running, I dropped my whip. I think we should have some kind of weapon in case that THING shows up again. If it's not too much trouble, could you please look for it?"

"What a coincidence! Actually, I found your whip a while ago!"

"...Oh."

Germany sounded unusually...disappointed? Huh?

"Wait, I'll pass it to you. It was lying on the bed next door." Japan got out the whip and the door opened a tiny bit, giving him the chance to slip it through the crack.

>Gave Whip back to Germany<

"Oh, I... see... Hem... Thank you." Germany said, his voice sounding a bit awkward.

"Not at all. I only found it by chance, after all. Now let's go to the fourth f-"

"Ah! Japan!! I'm sorry, but..."

"Yes? What is it?" Japan said and rubbed his temples in annoyance.

"Ah...I'm really, really sorry, but... Actually, I'm hungry too. Don't you have anything for me to eat?"

Japan gave a soft, exasperated sigh and searched over the stuff he had.

I leaned on one foot and whispered to him, "Told you he was stalling."

Japan instantly shushed me and turned back to the iron door. "To eat... I'm sorry, but I didn't bring any food with me. I don't have anything that could be used as an ingredient either."

"I see!" He suspiciously sounded too relieved. "So, if it's not too much trouble, could you please go look for something to eat?"

"Wh... Whaaaaaat!? Th... That's impossible! How could I possibly find any food in this place!?"

"Please! I have no strength right now. Anything is fine; just find me something, okay?"

"Sure..." I mumbled under my breath.

"...

...

...

...

...

Haa... All right. I'll take another look around. I also have to look for Italy anyway."

"I see!! Thank you!! By the way, did you find my brother?"

'Why don't you go look for him yourself? Jeez...'

"No... But he should be fine. Somehow."

I gave Japan a questioning look and he simply waved his hand dismissively.

"Sorry for all the trouble. Oh! By the way, take this with you."

The door opened a bit again and a hand holding a bottle peeked out of it. Japan grabbed it and I take a good look at it, gasping a bit.

>Obtained Beer<

"Ah, thank you very much." Japan said, but his expression told me differently. "I'll be going now then."

"Okay, thanks."

The moment Japan closed the door behind us, I was looking at him.

"Now...let's go get us some possibly poisoned food, shall we?"