Simon's

All is not quite settled yet for Ricky and Laura.  Sometimes you just need to get it all out in the open.

- - - - - - -

The cab beeped outside and Ricky called up to Laura to tell her to hurry up.  She appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Do I look alright?"  Ricky didn't need to answer,  the grin on his face told her all she wanted to know.

"If the bed is covered in different clothes you've tried on when we get home tonight,  you are in trouble,"  he informed her as she came down the stairs.

"What you going to do, spank me?"  she kissed his lips, before licking hers seductively, picking up the present she bought for Sarah and left the house laughing. 

The mood had lifted since the afternoon.  They'd showered together whilst getting ready and the stress of the day had eased away.  Though Laura was sure there was still too much that had gone unsaid.

The cab took them to Simon's house. As Ricky paid the driver, Laura looked down the road to see Peanut making his way towards her.

"Hi there," Laura said giving him a hug, "How are you?"

"Hi.Tired,"  came his reply, "Hi, Ricky."

"Still getting over the tour?" Laura asked as they headed towards the front door.

"I've slept all day,  so I shouldn't be jet lagged." Peanut tapped on the glass of the door.

"I don't think you get jet lag from flights to Germany," Ricky said snidely. Laura elbowed him in the ribs.

"You know what he means,"  she said shaking her head at him.

Simon opened the door and welcomed them all in. Sarah appeared and birthday wishes were given by all before they were ushered in to the kitchen where Whitey and his wife were sat. Laura noticed the distance between them straight away.

Since living in London with Ricky,  Laura had got to see a lot more of the band.  She had become close to the other halves,  meeting them for coffee and taking shopping trips with them. They had even been out together whilst the boys had been on tour, with Laura's best friend Katie, for a meal and to the theatre. She appreciated that they understood, to some extent, her relationship with Ricky.  As everyone began chatting,  Laura went to offer Sarah a hand.

"Should you really be cooking since it's your birthday Sarah? We could have all gone out somewhere."  Laura said knowing she'd not want to cook on hers.

"I like it, having everyone round. And it's easier. No autograph and photo hunters. We get them all to ourselves. No,  I don't mind at all." Sarah moved some dishes around to create more room.

"It smells delicious. Is there anything I can do?"  Laura asked as Simon placed a glass of wine in her hand, making her smile.

"Oh yes please. See those tortilla chips,  empty them in to that dish and grate some of that cheese on top." Laura found the tortillas and set to work. Then Sarah passed her a separate,  smaller dish and a different pack of cheese. "That's for Ricky."

Laura looked around to see Ricky wasn't in listening distance, "I've not missed that these last few weeks.  I could buy whatever wanted!" she giggled.

"I bet it's a nightmare." Sarah agreed. "Sssh, he's coming." They giggled again.

"What's so funny? Ricky asked,  putting his arm around Sarah and kissing her," Happy birthday!"

"Thanks,  nothing really,  girlie stuff." She turned away and busied herself at the hob.

"Ok?" Ricky asked swigging from a bottle of beer.