Chapter 68: 700 Days of A Week Long Tour.

Start from the beginning

“Alright guys, we’re going to slow things down now with one of the newer songs. This one was written by Jimmy and he wrote it for his kids. This one is called Fiction.” Matt said to the crowd before telling them that he wanted to their lighters, phones, IPods, whatever up in the air while we played this song. I could already see Brian getting choked up as he kept his back towards the crowd. Every time we’ve played this song he’d get choked up and start crying. I would too but I need to concentrate on the music. My heart sank when the piano began; I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“Now I think I understand

How this world can overcome a man

Like a friend we saw it through

In the end I gave my life for you” Matt sang this song perfectly, I couldn’t ask for a better person to sing it.

“Gave you all I had to give

Found a place for me to rest my head

While I may be hard to find

Heard there's peace just on the other side”

“Not that I could

Or that I would

Let it burn

Under my skin

Let it burn.” I sang the backup vocals with Zack and Brian, my voice was low but you could hear it over theirs. I tried to keep the tears in my eyes at bay as a lump formed in my throat.

“Left this life to set me free

Took a piece of you inside of me

All this hurt can finally fade.

Promise me you'll never feel afraid.” I did the part that he would tell us most when we were growing up, the six words that I have tattooed on my body.

“Not that I could

Or that I would

Let it burn

Under my skin

Let it burn.” I tried to fight off all the tears but they managed to break free when I looked up and the dark area was lit up by lighters and mobile lights. It was quiet, other than the music being played. I could see that everyone was choking up which made me want to cry even more. I never witnessed the guys cry before, I mean I’ve witnessed them cry when I accidentally sacked them but not like this and that hurt most.

“I hope it's worth it

Here on the highway, yeah

I know you'll find your own way

When I'm not with you

So tell everybody

The ones who walk beside me, yeah

I hope you'll find your own way

When I'm not with you tonight.”

“I hope it's worth it

What's left behind me, yeah

I know you'll find your own way

When I'm not with you

So tell everybody

The ones who walk beside me, yeah

I know you'll find your own way

When I'm not with you tonight.”  The stage went black as the piano played the final notes of the song. I stayed still behind the drum set as the crowd went nuts for that song. I couldn’t keep the tears from falling. Sadness isn’t even the word for what I’m feeling. First my husband didn’t show up to watch me play even though he promised he would and now I’m getting overly emotional.