Chapter 55: The Way You Look at Her.

¬Phil¬

Twitter: Attention world of web! I’d like to present for the first time Princess Nevaeh Hope Lester, born 4:34am, July 27.

I smiled down at the little girl and nestled her into my chest, her tiny cheek was pressed against the green fabric of my sweater. She weakly opened her eyes and looked up at me with Peasnie’s blue eyes. She looked just like her mom; it made me smile even more. Her arrival was a huge surprise. Peasnie was trying to get some sleep and I was in bed as well but I had to go to the bathroom and when I got back into the bedroom, Peasnie was awake and panicking because she was in proper labour and her water broke. We scooped James up and dropped him off at Dan and Melissa’s. By the time we were properly in the hospital room, she was here. That was all in the space of an hour. I called the family not long after; Bailey said that as soon as Jimmy is awake, she’ll drag his butt to the hospital. She doesn’t want to bring any of the kids around just yet. My mom said she’d pick up James from Dan and Melissa’s at lunch.

Now I’m here, holding my daughter as Peasnie got some proper sleep. She was exhausted, she stayed awake until the dust settled then she was out like a light. I don’t blame her, I was pretty tired but I just wanted to stay awake and look at our daughter. Peasnie had to get stitches that sound extremely painful. I’ve already taken so many pictures of Nevaeh. She’s adorable. I’m all over the place right now. I just want everyone to see her but I also want to keep her to myself. I want to protect her from the world.

I smiled down at the little girl, her midnight coloured eyes weakly beamed up at me as she yawned. I caught the soother that fell from her mouth. I melted dreamily into the sheer adorability that she beams.

“Oh my goodness, that was a big yawn.” I said softly. She began to fall asleep in my arms, nestling herself into my chest again. I smiled and kissed her forehead as I walked over to the window to show her the world. It was a little bit after six in the morning and it was raining heavily. Rain drops raced down the window of the private room on the fourth story of the hospital.

“See that, Nevaeh? Meet the whole wide world, whole wide world meet Nevaeh.” I whispered to her softly. She snored softly in my arms. I used my index finger to stroke her cheek gently.

“I know, it’s pretty big out there and until you’re ready to go out there to see all of it, I’ll protect you from it all, I pinky promise.” I said softly and rocked back and forth gently to keep soothing her. It seems like yesterday that we were here to have James and now all of a sudden we’re here with our second baby, my little girl. James is my little man and a huge mama’s boy but Nevaeh is my Princess and she’s going to be an even bigger daddy’s girl. She already has me wrapped around her tiny fingers. Y’know when we left California in August of 2013 I never thought I’d get so far in life. It’s been a roller coaster ride these last five years. When we left California I never thought I’d purpose to Peasnie, I didn’t think I had the guts to do it but I did it. We got married two years later after we found out we were having our first child, James. That December he was born. We moved back to California six months later and then we found out we were having another baby. Everything might not be going exactly as I thought it’d go but at least it’s going. I got the girl and now we’re happy together, forever and ever.

“Yeah, you've been alone

I've been gone for far too long

But with all that we've been through

After all this time I'm coming home to you

Never let it show

The pain I've grown to know

'Cause with all these things we do

It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes

My heart's always with you now

I won't question why so many have died

My prayers have made it through yeah

'Cause with all these things we do

It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

Letters keep me warm

Helped me through the storm

But with all that we've been through

After all this time I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes

My heart's always with you now

I won't question why so many have died

My prayers have made it through yeah

'Cause with all these things we do

It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

I've always been true

I've waited so long just to come hold you

I'm making it through

It's been far too long, we've proven our

Love over time's so strong, in all that we do

The stars in the night, they lend me their light

To bring me closer to heaven with you

(Bring me closer)

But with all that we've been through

After all this time I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes

My heart's always with you now

I won't question why so many have died

My prayers have made it through yeah

'Cause with all these things we do

It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

And with all that we've been through

After all this time I'm coming home to you” I sang to her gently, I know this song is special to Peasnie and Jimmy. I know Jimmy wrote it when Peasnie was a baby. I want to sing this song to Nevaeh because she means the world to me, she and James are the most important people in the entire world and I love them both with my entire being.

“Y’know you look at her just like Jimmy did when Peasnie was born.” I heard a female voice say from the doorway. I turned to see Peasnie’s Grandma standing there with her Granddad standing beside her. I shyly smiled and nodded.

“I understand now, I understand why he was so protective of her. He didn’t want to see the world hurt his little girl, just like I don’t want the world to hurt my little girl.” I said truthfully. Before I never understood why Jimmy was so protective of Peasnie, she was very strong and independent from a very young age and he had his grips so tightly on her, she could barely breathe. He only did that because he didn’t want the world to hurt Peasnie. And I don’t want the world to hurt Nevaeh. I don’t want her to grow up thinking that the world is out to get her. I know Peasnie’s terrified that she’ll do to James and Nevaeh what her mom did to her and her sister. I had to keep telling her that she’s better than her mom, she’s learned from her mother’s mistakes. She knows better than to run away from her family.

“Every father understands the true of the saying love her like a best friend, treat her like a queen, protect her like you’re a solider protecting your country when you have a little girl.” Joe said as he came in. Barbra swept Nevaeh from my arms. I could see in their eyes that something was wrong, the doomed feeling hung in the air. My heart began to race as I looked between the two of them.

“What’s wrong?” I asked throatily. The two of them looked at each other before looking at me. Barbra placed Nevaeh down in the little bed and came back over to me. They both kept looking over at Peasnie nervously. They looked at me sadly. My heart broke inside my chest as I heard their words carefully.