Paradise City: The Wedding part 5. Chapter 23: St James.

Chapter 23: St James.

1 day until the wedding.

¬Peasnie¬

Tomorrow is my wedding day and I'm terrified, not because I'm getting married tomorrow but because today I'm telling my dad that I'm pregnant. I think I'm gonna break the news to him by giving him that Father's Day card that has a picture of his Grandson in it. And if he doesn't take that well then I'll tell him what Phil and I talked about last night at the party. I'm terrified though because after today only six or seven people in the entire world will know and it'll stay that way until after the wedding and honeymoon. So none of us are saying a word. The only people that know are.

-Me.

-Phil.

-Dan, but he didn't find out until the day that we left for California.

-Grandpa Joe and Bee-Bee, they found out because Dan is a big mouth.

-My dad.

-Bailey, because dad will probably tell her when he can.

This morning my Grandma or as I call her Bee-Bee; made a nice big breakfast for Phil and me. Last night was the last night Phil and I spent together until we leave for the honeymoon period. Bee-Bee's always loved cooking. She's always made big breakfasts for dad, Grandpa Joe and me. I remember when dad was at school and we'd bake cakes and chat all afternoon; I'd go for a nap after lunch and sleep until dad got home from school. I suppose you could say those were the golden years.

After a very good breakfast I had a quick shower and got dressed. I helped Phil pack up his suit case so Matt could take him to his house until tomorrow. I was rather surprised that Matt actually let Phil spend the night at his house that seems so unlike him. Phil was nervous, not to spend the night at my Uncle's house without me but they planned the stag party and Phil isn't much of a partier. And he doesn't really like strippers, he feels like it's almost cheating on me which both made me truly feel like I'm his bride but at the same time I want him to enjoy himself tonight. I told Phil that I wanted him to have fun tonight because my Uncles planned this party for him and he should enjoy it. I made sure Phil got a kiss before he left and then I got ready to spend the majority of the day with my dad to finish up the wedding details. Grandpa Joe and Bee-Bee gave me a speech about no matter how upset dad is about this, he still loves me. I pray to God that he doesn't get upset; that'd kill me. He's always told me that I have to be married for at least a year before even considering having a baby and when I tell him that this wasn't planned, he'll blow his lid. I just know it. Either that or he'll be disappointed in me which is worse. I can't stand having him being disappointed in me. I'd rather get yelled at.

I straightened out the Guns'N'Roses tee shirt that sat loosely over my body. I wore a pair of jeggings and my black Vans as I fiddled with my hair. I was so nervous, it was eating away at me and I can't stand it. I felt a gentle hand placed on my shoulder.

"Stop stressing, it's not good for the baby." Bee-Bee said sweetly with a kind smile. I knew she was right, I should stop stressing but a million things were rushing through my head all at once. It was madness in my mind and it was all rushing by before I could properly process it all. But everything stopped when a car horn was sounded outside. My stomach dropped when I looked out the front window to see my dad's truck waiting for me. My heart began to race as I looked at my Grandparents carefully. Grandpa Joe's blue eyes tore from the paper and shared a stern expression with me. That was his way of saying he loves me. He wasn't too pleased that I followed in my dad's footsteps and is having a child outside of wedlock. I mean technically no we're gonna be married but I suppose he means instead of getting married and then having a baby, we're having a baby while getting married; or the other way around. Bee-Bee shared a loving smile with me. She's excited she'll get to see her first Great Grandchild which is a boy.  She says what Phil and I are gonna do is a truly heart filled thing.