Chapter 12: Blood Red Brookline

I felt my breath catch in my throat as I looked down at him. "I- I.. I didn't know you wanted me to kiss you" I whisper. He keeps his eyes closed as the corners of his lips turn up into a smile.

   "Would it be a bad thing if I did?" He opens one eye and looks at me. I swallow head and shake my head. "Then what are you waiting for?".

   I hesitate before taking a deep breath. His eyes close again and I lean down. Just as my lips are inches away from his, my door busts open.

   Once again, Brookline jumps up and his head rams against mine. I wince as the slight impact slams me into the wall. I groan and rub my head. I look at the door to see my dad standing there.

   "I'm so sorry...I..um....should have knocked" my dad says. I stand, still holding my head. I wave him off and he holds his hands up. "I'm going..I'm going. Is your head okay?".

  I look over at a blood red Brookline and sigh. "I'll heal...probably. Did you need something?".

    "Oh! Your mom wanted to know who your favorite was on Finding Prince Charming. She likes Justin and Robbie", he replies. I mentally face palm. Really, parents?

   "I liked Sam" I sigh. He nods before walking out, closing the door behind me. I turn back around to see Brookline smirking softly. "What?"

    "You watch the gay bachelor?", he asks. My face turns white and I suddenly feel my heart speed up. I swallow and just shrug. "And Sam is your favorite, really? Justin is 100% best. Sam tried to start shit the first Damn day".

   I smile widely. "Brookline Hamilton watches the gay bachelor?" I tease him. He shrugs.

   "Hell yeah. I watch it by myself too, which makes it weirder" he laughs. "You watch it with your mother?" I nod. "What happens if Robert gets dirty with someone and you get excited?"

   "Umm....that won't happen" I laugh. He raises his eyebrow. "That doesn't make me get all hot". He stands up and walks over to me. "Brookline...?"

    I take a step back each time he comes closer. My back hits the wall and I wince softly. He puts his hands on each side of my head and moves his face closer to mine.

    "It doesn't make you hot?", he says, his minty breath reaching my lips. I swallow hard and shake my head. He brings his face even closer and I let out a very small whine. "Now?". I shake my head once again.

    Finally, his lips brush against mine and my eyes shut on their own. He pulls away a bit to see my reaction before putting a hand on my cheek and kissing my lips.

   I let out a small noise and my arms wrap around his neck and my hands travel up into his hair. We kiss like this for a few minutes. Nothing went farther and no tongues entered anywhere.

   He pulls back and looks at me, his lips swollen and his hair was a mess. "Damn" he whispers