Chapter 5: Partnership

After that, class went on and we really just introduced ourselves. Most of the people in the class were juniors and seniors. 5 juniors, 1 senior, and 1 freshman (myself). Then of course Miss. Bradshawl, who's name I finally figured out, due to her saying it. When it was my turn to introduce myself. I took a deep breath and stood up.

      "Umm...so...Hi. I'm Bennet Judson but you can call me Ben. I play the piano, as you saw", I start. I bite my lip as I look around. Brookline had his eyes on me, which I guess was no surpirse. I was the one talking after all. But the way he was looking at me made me feel some type of way. It's silly, but I couldn't shake it. Which resulted in me going black and Miss. B (Miss Bradshawl) having to ask me if I was okay. I once again blushed then continued. "Um.. I..uh... that's all" I sit back down but Brookline doesn't stop looking, even after another person stands up to talk.

     Not only does he continue to look at me, he scoots his chair over to me. "Hey", He whispers to me, very very softly. I look at him and see his face which was very close to mine. "Do you wanna come to the football game tonight? Sorry if it's extremely weird for me to ask you that but I think you'd enjoy it".

     I nod and look at him. "I'm going with my dad" I whisper back at him. He smiles before scooting his chair back and paying attention. Finally, Brookline's turn comes and he stands up with a smirk on his face

         "My name is Brookline Hamilton. But the ladies don't usually call me anything. It's hard to when all they can do is moan", he begins, winking at a senior with red hair. She blushes and bites her lip as she looks at him. I roll my eyes and look down at my finger nail. I guess Brookline notices it, because he stops his smug talk. "I'm kidding. I am Brookline Hamilton though. Football player, quarter back, number 7 coming at you. What else? I like horror movies, especially like..Saw and shit. The scariest thing is the fact that there's a chance of survival, but it's like..not for sure". He was rambling, but a really f*cking cute ramble. Except I hate horror movies. And football players. And I will make myself hate Brookline f*cking Hamilton.

   "Very well, thank you Brookline. I didn't really expect an actual introduction", Miss B laughs. "Thank all 7 of you". She claps her hands together. "Now, homework. I know, I know. First day of this class and already giving you homework. You probably think I'm Satan. But I do have good news! It isn't due until next month, so you have a month to work on it. Also, you won't be alone. You'll have a partner". I glance over at Brookline and I see him looking at Miss. B with a smirk, as if he really likes what she's saying about the partnership. "So, the project will be a partner, project like I said. But neither of you will be assigned a specific part. The only rules are it has to be PG and you have to be serious about it".

    She stands as if to dismiss the class. "Um... ma'am", I speak up. She looks at me. "You..didn't tell us the assignment. Just the rules and things". She literally face palms and I stifle a chuckle.

     "Thank you, Ben. For bringing that up. You and your partner will remake or make a scene from a famous play, or your own play. You can choose to do an original or a famous one of your choice. It can be anything you want, just follow the rules. Um, one of you will not have a partner. Any volunteers?". I start to raise my hand but Brookline nudges me in the ribs and I put my hand down quickly and hide a wince that comes out of my mouth with a cough.

    Luckily, Atrix, a boy with red hair and a ton of tattoo's raises his hand. "I'm better at flying solo anyway", he shrugs. I smile a little at him and he winks at me. I look away quickly, trying to hide my blush from him.

    "Wonderful, thank you Atrix. Now, Amy will be with Alyssa, Ben and Brookline, and Cody and Tara", she announces. My heart drops as I look over at a smiling Brookline. "Everyone happy?". Everyone nods and she dismisses the class.

     I walk out quickly with my hands shaking. Brookline catches up to me and snakes his arm around my shoulder. I shrink back from him and he raises his eyebrow. "Oh, um, sorry. Not use to being touched", I admit and he laughs softly.

     "My bad", he smiles and I smile back at him. I shrug it off and let him put his arm back. "Anyway, so you're coming to the football game, ya?". I nod and look forward. "I have a party after so I can't ask you to come over. And Saturday I have to host a party, so that's out. Sunday?".

    I shake my head. "I have church with my grandparents and then lunch with them then back to church", I frown. "We'll figure something out". He nods then stop and removes his arm.

    "Shit! I totally forgot", he curses and looks at me.

    "Forgot what?", I reply.

    "I lost my number...", he begins.

    "What?", I raise my eyebrow.

    His worried expression turns into a smirk. "Can I have yours?", he laughs. I can't help but let out a laugh and shake my head at him. I take his phone and put my number in. "By the way, I wasn't using a pickup line on you, just casually asking for you number", he winks. "Gotta Gooooo". He runs off before I can reply and I can't help but smile.

   The boy does shit to me.