Chapter 11: Siblings

He states at me for a few seconds after I tell him. I hadn't talked about Keaton much to anyone. I was afraid they would treat and look at me differently. Much like how Brookline is treating me at the moment.

   He suddenly snaps out of his stare and snaps his fingers. "That's why you didn't get in trouble! Because Jarod Napier knew you!" he shouts. I was taken aback a tiny bit. He was still treating me the same.

    I shrug and look at him. "I guess so. But it wasn't like we were really chill and super close when Keaton was alive. I was very very small" I reply. He nods in understanding. "But I guess Jarod is one of the main reasons".

   "Damn right he was! I had to be escorted home in a police car!", he exclaims, causing me to chuckle. "My mom and dad were sleeping though. My older sister Hanna on the other hand bitched for a good hour. Don't party or drink, Brooke. It's bad for you. Bleh bleh" he rolls his eyes and lays back on the bed. "Even though she literally had a baby at 14".

   My mouth drops open and I'm thankful he couldn't see me.  "14?" I whisper in disbelief. He sits up and nods.

    "Yep. She went to a high school party in the 7th grade and... one of the seniors took advantage of her" he says softly.  "She's 22 now. But she lost the baby around her 13th week. She was broken for so long. She had become so excited for it, considering our parents said they'd help in any way they could. She could afford to be happy. But then she didn't even have it due to issues".

    I just look down at the piano  keys. I hear him sigh and I look up. "I haven't told anyone about that. Especially no one from school. I'm not ashamed of my sister. But if one person talked Shit then I'd probably go off and lose everything. But I trust you, Ben. Especially after what you told me about your brother" he says, looking over at me. I smile softly and slide my fingers over the piano keys.

   "Can I play you a song?" I ask him. He nods and I look down and start playing  Can't Help Falling In Love. Originally by King Elvis.

   When I look up after I finish, Brookline has his eyes closed.  I smile to myself and continue playing softly. I finally get up and go over to him. He breathes softly, notifying me that he's asleep.   

   I bend down to kiss his forehead  and press my lips against his soft and perfect skin. He doesn't move which makes me jump out of my own skin when he speaks, his eyes still closed.

   "Dammit, Bennet.  You missed my lips again", he whispers.