10

Stiles.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no Stiles!"

"But-"

"Stiles! I am not getting Adriana involved with the supernatural. She's a clueless human and she's going to stay that way. I don't want her getting hurt." Scott rubbed his hand over his face at Liam's words.

Scott and I had just told Liam about Adriana being his anchor and he was having none of it. "Liam. She's your anchor, she stops you from going all wolf. You need her to stay calm." Scott spoke as I leaned against my jeep.

We were currently stood outside of the school during one of our classes and had decided to talk out here since there was already a class in gym so we couldn't use he locker room. "Exactly. What if I hurt her?"

Scott instantly frowned at Liam's question. "See? You can't say for sure that I won't hurt her and if I did I don't think I'd be able to live with myself. She means a lot to me, I can't lose her and there is no way in hell that she's going to get involved in this mess." Liam spoke, waving his hand around to signal our pack who were all in class right now.

"Liam. You won't hurt her - she's your anchor."

"Stiles. How are you supposed to know this? No offence or anything but you're not a werewolf.. You don't know what I'm feeling right now and probably neither does Scott. His anchor was already involved in the supernatural, being a hunter and all - Adriana is a human. She's going to stay that way." Liam fought, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked questioningly at Scott and I, waiting for us to fight back.

"Fine. You need to find another anchor and quick." Scott spoke and I looked to Liam to see he was staring intently at Scott. "We've got another lacrosse game on the full moon next week and if you're not in check you might hurt somebody. There's no way coach is going to let you out of his game." Scott reasoned and Liam nodded.

"Yeah. I'll uh.." Liam paused, scratching the back of his neck and began to back up back towards the building. "I'll figure something later. Catc- see you guys later." Liam quickly corrected and I raised my eyebrows as he turned on his heel and jogged back into the school.

"What was that?" I asked Scott curiously and Scott just shrugged before we both got into my jeep, deciding to skip last period which was Econ with coach.

_____________________________

Adriana.

"Hey! Sorry i'm late!" Everyone looked up to the door as Liam burst through, breathing heavily as he smiled innocently at the teacher before sitting down in his chair beside me, giving me a playful smile before turning to ask the teacher what we were meant to be doing.

"When did you two become friends again?" A voice asked from beside me and I turned to it seeing Violet, one of my new friends, smiling at me as she raised her eyebrows, nodding in the direction of Liam.

"Earlier today. He talked to me the period before lunch and apologised for acting like such a dick." I answered Violet and she nodded.

"Good. If you had said sorry first I'd be upset." She confirmed and I pursed my lips slightly, nodding.

"Yeah, I would be too," I muttered before turning back to my drawing of a dog I was doing. I ran my finger across the drawing for a second, smudging the dark line that I had shaded too harshly..

"Class." Miss Bell spoke and everyone dropped their pencils and charcoal before looking up at her. "I've decided we're going to be doing partner work for the rest of this period and probably for the next few days too, I've written down all your names and paired you with others who i think you would work well with and you're going to draw each other. The simple portraiture we did a few weeks ago clearly shows some of you need to work on your skills."