18

Adriana.

"Hey!" I quickly spun around at the sound of Scott's voice just to see him running towards me. He reached my side and I looked at him with a worried expression. "Have you seen Liam? Stiles and I went to pick him up this morning and he wasn't in his house." Scott spoke and I gulped.

"Oh yeah.." I muttered and turned my head away from Scott, walking with him by my side. "Yeah he came to mine earlier and walked to school with me." I lied. I mean, we did walk to school together but he came last night - not this morning.

"Oh that's good." Scott commented. "We got worried for a second,"

"Expected." I smiled at Scott.

"Hey guys," Speak of the devil. An arm swung across my shoulder and I glanced up, seeing Liam looking towards Scott with a smile. "What are you two talking about?" His smile stayed on his face as he glanced at me.

"Scott was asking where you were this morning 'cause he and Stiles went to pick you up and you weren't at your house," I explained. Liam nodded and opened his mouth to explain himself. "Don't worry. I told him about you coming to my house to walk me to school." I quickly interrupted and Liam nodded again whilst Scott gave me a weird look. "Gotta get to English!"

I quickly ducked out of Liam's grip despite his efforts to keep me beside him and rushed towards my English classroom.  I entered the classroom and a few other students had already sat in their seats.

I walked towards the window and sat in my seat right at the back of the class and slipped my phone out of my pocket, ignoring the few texts I had received from some of my old 'friends' from Illinois. When my mom died none of them even attempted to help me get over it - they just told me to stop being so over dramatic, so I was rather glad we had moved.

I turned my head to the side when I heard someone sitting in the seat next to me. "Oh what the fuck are you doing here?" I asked Liam with a raised eyebrow as he wasn't in my English class yet here he sat.

"Oh? Didn't you hear?" He asked and I shook me head. "I got moved up a class 'cause i'm super smart." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you did." I muttered with a small smile on my face.

Don't get me wrong, I loved hanging out with Liam and having him in my classes but he was a huge distraction from my work and I really needed a good English mark if I wanted to get accepted into the college I wanted to go to.

The bell then rang and the remaining students all flooded in, the boy that usually sat where Liam was currently sitting rolled his eyes and took up a new seat. "Oookay class!" The teacher glanced at Liam quickly before continuing. "Today we're going to be writing essays." Everyone groaned at her words. "Oh hush, I want you guys to write about something you want to do when you're older." Mrs. Hall spoke and I smiled slightly as I already had everything planned out.

"Shit." Liam muttered from beside me. "I have no idea what I want to do."

"Lacrosse?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and he shook his head. "How about travelling the world or something? She didn't specifically say a job." I suggested and he smiled at me before nodding.

"Yeah, thanks Adriana."

_________________

"Peters!" Coach suddenly yelled and I shot back into action after rubbing my eyes. It had been a long day today, having multiple tests and boring lessons and to top it off we had a team practice after school.

"You good?" Isaac suddenly asked from beside me making me jump slightly.

"Huh?" I yawned slightly and so did he, probably not meaning to. "Nah, I'm fine.. just tired." I reassured Isaac and he looked over my face for a second before nodding and jogging back over to his position.

I leaned on my stick slightly, letting my eyes flutter shut as I yawned once more. "Adriana!" I heard Kira yell and I quickly opened my eyes just in time to see a ball flying towards me and when I blinked Liam was stood in front of me with the ball gripped tightly in his hand.

"That's twice." I muttered. "Thanks Liam." He threw the ball back in the direction it came from and turned to face me.

"What's up with you?" He asked carefully as he looked over my face. I opened my mouth to tell him I was simply tired when he sighed out. "Come." I followed behind him as we walked towards Coach Finstock. "Coach? Adriana isn't feeling good... could I take her to get water or something?" Liam asked.

Coach turned his attention to me, whistle in his mouth as he looked at me. "Yeah that's fine, Liam." He gave me a questioning look before Liam took a grip of my wrist and began leading me back into the school.

A few seconds later I was sat in the boys changing rooms with Liam digging around in his bag. "God, it stinks in here." I scrunched up my nose at the scent of sweat and boys.

"Tell me about it.." Liam muttered and rummaged around in what I assumed was his bag. "Aha!" He pulled out a bottle of water and handed it to me. "Drink, please." I smiled at him and took the bottle before opening it with a little struggle and taking a few sips, fully aware of Liam's intent gaze on me.

"Liam, i'm fine." I reassured, placing the lid back onto the bottle and setting it down beside me, taking a hold of Liam's fingers and pulling him to me. "I'm just tired," I ran my fingers up his arm as I spoke softly. "Promise," I whispered against his lips before kissing him softly.

His grip on my hips tightened and I smiled, making it slightly more difficult to kiss him. I felt him pull me to him and I was suddenly sat on him, straddling him with my arms wrapped around his  neck, out chests pressed flush together.

He pulled back from me and trailed light kisses down my jawline and neck causing me to hum happily. I let my fingers tug into his hair as he pressed his lips harshly against a specific spot on my neck, his tongue wetting the area.

"Hey are you guys all goo- OH MY GOD!" I quickly pulled off of Liam, landing with a thud on the floor on my butt as Stiles' voice echoed through the empty locker room. "Damn, pup, get some." He then winked.

"What?! What happened?!" Scott suddenly rushed into the room and I couldn't help but blush more as more people were slowly realising what was going on. Liam took a hold of my hand hand helped me stand up, resting his hand on my waist as he glared at the two boys. "Stiles!" Scott scowled at the slightly shorter boy. "Leave them in peace."

With that Scott gripped onto Stiles' and Issac's -who had entered a few seconds after Scott- arms and pulled them out, failing to block Isaac's cheering for our actions. 

"I hate them," Liam muttered in annoyance and glanced back at me. "Are you alright?" He asked carefully, his hand raising to hold my chin as I blinked tiredly. "Adriana..?" He spoke softly as his eyes trailed over my face.

"Mmm, yeah," I yawned and leaned on him. 

"C'mon.. I'll take Stiles' jeep and drive you home. I'll get your stuff later for you." He spoke as he let go of me to go to another bag, digging around it for a few seconds before pulling out a set of keys with a proud noise.

"Can you even drive?" I asked as he began to lead us out of the changing rooms, both of us still in our lacrosse uniforms. He simply looked at me with a playful smile on his face and winked at me.

"Well now, what would be fun about that?"

Beta || Liam Dunbar || ON HOLDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें