Chapter 30

Melody's POV

As soon as we had both sat down on the couch in the living room I started to tell Randal my story.

"So I will start at the beginning. When I was 7 my mom died of cancer. My brother Xavier was 8 at the time. My grandfather took my brother to go live with him, but I didn't know that. All I knew was that he had left and he didn't take me with him. Turns out that my grandfather didn't know about me that's why they didn't take me along. Well Xavier moved into your pack and he became your beta, or second in command of the pack; while you are the alpha and basically in charge of the pack. The pack is made up of werewolves and you are one as well, along with Xavier and I. Ok so anyway back to when I was 7. So after my mom died my dad turned to alcohol. Then he started to abuse me. He never raped me thank goodness but he had come close a couple of times in the past couple years. At first I would beg him to stop beating me, but then it would just become worse. So at the age of ten I stopped talking. Well we had to move around a lot so people wouldn't become suspicious so basically we moved here. On my first day of school I was at the office, and I got my schedule. I was 17. Well when I walked out of the office I bumped into someone. Sparks felt like they flew whenever my skin made contact with that person's skin. That person was you. I got lost in your eyes, but then I felt someone looking at me. When I looked over I was angry and hurt, because I saw Xavier and back then I thought that he had abandoned me. So basically you followed me home one day, and you happened to witness the abuse and you saved me because that night I tried to take my own life, and you brought me to the hospital before I died. Well anyway, you told me that we were soulmates, and that we were meant to be together and that's why there were sparks. Well we started dating, and then my birthday passed and I shifted. Although we found out that I am only half werewolf, and that the other half I am an angel. So I am a hybrid. Well a little bit after that my dad found me and took me away. You spent months looking for me and when you found me, my dad attempted to kill you. However I pushed you out of the way in time but I couldn't move fast enough. So I got stabbed in the shoulder. You killed my father and took me to the hospital but I passed out from the blood loss. I was in a coma for the past two weeks and I woke up yesterday. Although you were not there, then today the doctor came and got me and I saw you, and well you know the rest." I finished.

I looked over and Randal was bristling in anger. "THAT MONSTER!!!" he shouted. "HOW DARE HE TREAT HIS OWN DAUGHTER LIKE THAT!!!"

He started to shake and I knew that he was close to shifting, so I gently rubbed his back in a calming way, until he calmed down. He calmed down and then looked over at me. "So that's why I feel this connection with you, even though I don't remember you, because you are my mate." He said gently. I just nodded.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." he mumbled.

I laughed. "Come on, I would like to show you something." I said.

I then took him to the woods and to the lake where we had our first date. I brought him to the treehouse in the middle of the island.

"This is where we had our first date, it was my birthday and you showed me this place. You said that you would often come here to think, that it was your secret place. Then when you showed me, it became OUR secret place. I know you probably don't remember it yet, or if you will remember it at all but this is my favorite place. It reminds me of the good time that we had here, and how special it is, because it was you who showed me it." I said.

He was looking around in awe. I turned away to give him some time.

"Where are you going?" He suddenly asked.

I kept my back to him, struggling to contain my tears. "Nowhere, I am just giving you some time to look around. So you can have some privacy." I said, I cursed myself at how wobbly my voice sounded from trying to hold back my tears.

"I'm just gonna go back to the boat. Meet me there when you are ready to head back." I said.

All of a sudden he grabs my arm and turns me around. Then he gently wiped away the stray tear that had trailed down my cheek. Then he looked me in the eyes, and he kissed me. I was shocked but then I quickly kissed him back.

I pulled away after a few minutes.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that, even though I know you, you don't know me. So it is like kissing a stranger to you. I will see you back at the house." I said and then quickly ran back to the boat, and then I used my wings for the first time ever and flew back to the house, mainly because I couldn't take the boat because Randal needed a way to come back.

As I got into Randal and my room, I checked my phone and I saw a text that had come in a minute ago from Xavier.

It said. Come to the forest where the tire swing is, you need to see something.

I quickly typed back ok.

I then got up and walked slowly to the forest and came upon the tire swing a couple minutes later. I saw Xavier standing there with Hazel and he smiled at me.

"Come with me," he said.

"Xavier what is going on?" I asked.

He just pulled out a blindfold and put it on me, then he and Hazel each grabbed one of my hands and led me somewhere. I then heard music playing, but I couldn't figure out what song was playing. Then they took the blindfold off. There was the island that I had just come from, however I saw lights in the trees and Randal was standing there with a rose.

"What is this?" I asked.

"An apology." He said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For being stupid, for getting so upset that I made a stupid decision, and got in a wreck. I put you through so much misery with me losing my memory. So this is my apology to you." He said and then handed me the rose.

"You remember?" I asked.

He nodded and said. "I saw a picture of us that was in the treehouse, all of a sudden my memories came back to me, but by that time you were gone."

I just burst into tears of happiness.

"Now there is something that I need to do." He said, and then he took my hand.

"Mel, you have made my life better then it deserves to be. I am the luckiest man alive to have you as a mate. Even though you thought that you were broken and you went through all that hard stuff in your life. You never truly gave up. You learned to talk again, how to trust, but most of all you learned how to love. I can see it in your eyes. I can see it on your face whenever you look at my family. You have become my reason to live, you have become my reason to wake up in the morning. You are the only woman I shall ever love and the only woman that I will want to spend the rest of my life with. So with that said...." Then he got down on one knee and pulled out a box with a ring in it. "Melody Faith Winters will you marry me and become my wife, My Luna, My only love?" He asked looking up at me.

I was crying out of pure happiness by now. "Yes! Of course I will marry you! I love you so much Randal!" I said out of happiness. He got up, put the ring on my finger and then kissed me like his life depended on it. "I love you" he said in between kisses. "I love you too." I said "by the way how did you find out my middle name?" I asked.

"Xavier" was all he said before he gave me another kiss.

There we stood on our little island, among the lights in the trees and just enjoyed our happiness and embraced our love.