"Sadness.." Scott muttered and Liam looked at him, shaking his head.

"God, are you some sort of emotionless.." Stiles cut off himself when he realised what he was going to say would have been extremely offensive to Liam. "We need to get this sorted out. Liam, are you coming to pack night?" Stiles asked and Liam shook his head lightly.

Liam did appreciate the love and acceptance the pack were offering him but he wanted to make his own friends.. plus, he also thought they were a kinda weird bunch.

Two betas, A true alpha, A banshee, A post-possessed by nogitsune human, A kitsune and a werecoyote? (a.k.a, Isaac, Derek, Scott, Lydia, Stiles, Kira and Malia). He'd prefer to spend his Thursday night alone.

_________________________

"GUYS!" Coach Finstock yelled for the eleventh time, annoyance in his voice. "I've had enough! You need to learn to work as a team! You are all going to pick someone to work with and for the rest of this damn period you will pass a ball back and forth. YES PASS, not keep it to yourselves!"

Everyone groaned at this. They'd all much rather play another few games of lacrosse but the coach had walked away before anyone could protest. Liam turned to pick Scott but noticed him and Kira had already walked away and when he turned to ask Stiles, Isaac already had his arms around him, pulling his to the left side of the field.

"Team?" Liam turned sharply at the noise and noticed Adriana smiling up at him. He smiled back at the shorter girl, nodding his head slightly. Adriana pulled her helmet back over her head as everyone began to pass balls back and forth.

"How are you and Brett?" Liam forced out as he tossed the ball to Adriana who caught it with ease.

"Mmm, good I guess? I don't really know. We're at that stage where you don't know if you're together together or not." Adriana spoke with a shrug, unaware of how her words were impacting the boy across from her.

She angled her stick slightly before tossing the ball back to Liam who leaned out slightly, catching the ball and passing it back to her "I'm sure you guys will figure it out soon." Liam forced out a smile as he threw the ball again towards her.

Everyone chatted among themselves as they passed the balls around for a good ten minutes before people started to get bored. Balls flew across the field as partners stood around twenty meters apart.

Adriana let out a long sigh as she pulled her helmet off of her head, fanning herself with her hand as she sweated in the heat. She ran her hand through her loose hair and glanced over to Liam who was standing across from her, watching her with a content smile on his face.

That soon turned into a fearful expression as he watched as a lacrosse ball came flying towards Adriana's face in seemingly slow motion. Liam dropped the stick and ball he was holding without another thought and ran to Adriana.

He raised his hand as he blocked the ball from Adriana and flinched slightly as the hard ball slammed into his hand, causing a slight stinging sensation flow across his arm before he dropped the ball. "Who the hell did that?!" He yelled loudly as he looked around at the slight crowd that had gathered.

Liam glared across the crowd, looking for the guilty party that almost hit Adriana. His eyes landed on a built looking guy who looked more panicked than everyone else and he instantly narrowed his eyes, giving the guy a challenging look before beginning to walk towards the guy.

 His eyes landed on a built looking guy who looked more panicked than everyone else and he instantly narrowed his eyes, giving the guy a challenging look before beginning to walk towards the guy

Scott quickly stepped in front of Liam, shoving him back with his hand and giving him a look. Liam looked at his alpha, growling slightly before shoving straight past Scott, causing him to stumble slightly from the sudden push.

As Liam was about to reach the guy to beat him up a small grip pulled him back. Liam turned to shoo whoever it was away but stopped instantly when he realised it was Adriana who help onto his arm, a small smile on her face.

Scott watched from the side, along with Kira, Isaac and Stiles, as Liam turned to face Adriana. Everyone flinched as they expected him to yell at the girl. Scott's jaw dropped as all of Liam's anger chemo-signals disappeared as soon as his eyes landed on the girl.

He looked at Isaac who had the same look as Kira and Stiles both looked confused at their expressions. "His anger.. it's gone." Isaac muttered to Kira and Stiles who both instantly copied their expressions, all four of them looking back to Liam.

"Leave it, Liam." Adriana spoke with a soft voice as she gripped onto Liam's forearm. He frowned slightly, looking back to the guy who still looked worried. He instantly whipped his head towards Adriana again as she slipped her small hand into his larger one. "Come on." She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked back to their previous placed, picking their equipment back up again before repeating their previous actions.

The four pack members still stood, mouths hung open at the scene that just unfolded in front of them. "What the hell? When Scott first became a werewolf I had to hit him with a fire extinguisher to calm him down... she literally just held his hand and ta dah! Liam is back!"

Scott ignored Stiles' words as he watched the two 16-year-olds as the passed the ball again, smiling at each other happily. "Scott." Kira spoke and frowned when he continued to stare into the distance. "Scott? SCOTT!" Scott quickly whipped back into focus, looking at the three teenagers who all raised their eyebrows at him.

"She's his anchor." Scott muttered, causing all three of them to let out slight gasps, muttering words to themselves.

"Are you sure about this, Scott?" Isaac asked as he crossed his arms over his chest. If Scott was wrong they could be putting Adriana's life in danger. If she was going to be his anchor she had to be associated with the supernatural which didn't often end up well for humans.

Take Allison and Stiles as examples.

One is dead and one was possessed by the evil spirit that killed the other.

"Positive."