Road Mom - Chapter 5

"Another thing boys, were gonna have to start using a tour bus more than we'd like to." The manager told they boys.

"What!" Jimmy said like they said he couldn't go to the prom.

"Sorry boys the record lable is cutting back on spending to look for more band, the world doesn't revolve around led Zeppelin!" He told the boys.

"Okay then! Why do we need her?" John pointed at me " If were on budget cuts!" He pointed out matter-of-factly. The rest of them grunted or mumbled in response.

"Why do we need her? Because we do! I have tried this before with a man and it-"

"but he was a wanker!" Bonzo pointed out

"Lettme finish, you guys dropped him off in canada!" They all started laughing "Also I thought to my self who wouldn't these guys drop off? A woman I know none of you have the heart or soul to drop this pretty girl at a gas station in the middle of the night! Also you guys are reckless and ill manered! I know for a fact SHE will actually save money and time with you guys! Am I finaly clear?" He said on his last embark on expaining.

"Were all clear" rob said and sighed.

"So when do I start?" I pointed out.

"Today actually" He told me.

"Uhh okay what time?" I asked again

"Around eight everything should be prepared."

"Thanks."

I headed out the door with a paper of where to meet.

I had fourty bucks left.

I thought it would take a week to find a job because of the bad economy bu nope only took one day. Go figure.

I took my fourty dollars to the ice cream parlor. Looked inside there looked like a moody male teenager at the cash register. I just went in quickly and got an neopitan ice cream and left. I hate moody teenagers. Not my deal not my problem.

I found a park fence were people were not protesting. Theres piegions everywhere. Man I wish I had some bread. Some little girl and her dad past by, she had a fish in a bag in here hand.

Fish.

Completely forgot about him. I looked down at the concrete. How terrible I feel just for leaving him. I'm the one who paid at the bills cooked cleaned. Took care of his horrid hangovers. And I just left him. Like a mama bird leaving her nest. The mama bird is suppoust to take care of everyone. I felt the ice cream dripping down like the tears hitting the concrete.

I loved fish but I'm not crying because of that. Its the reason fish drinks more than he should. The reason I have to take care of everything. The reason I'm a total wreck who can't become close with other human beings.

I haven't got a mom. Now the tears are streaming down my face. I got up and ran home. And cried it out in the van.