Twelve

Tristan's POV

I'm on my flight to Dallas, we're an hour in, still two hours and twenty minutes to go. It's so boring but I know Ellie will really like what I've planned for her. She is not ready to see me tomorrow.

~~

I arrive in Dallas with Sam and Alex and make our way to the hotel. I need to stay back from Ellie so she doesn't find out I'm here. The coaches show me to my room before they go and see Ellie. Alex said he'd call me and put the phone in his pocket so Ellie doesn't know I'm there.

Then that's when I get an incoming call.
"Hey, we're just about to go into her room." Alex whispers.

"Okay, I'll put myself on mute." I whisper down the line.

I hear Alex and Sam walk into Ellie's room and greet her.

"So, are you excited for the competition?" I hear Sam ask.

"Oh yeah, I can't wait, I'm glad you're here too Sam, but I wish Tristan was here to see me perform, I really miss him." Ellie replies. Cute.

"Awe, but you know you'll see him soon though." Alex says and that's when I smirk to myself.

"Yeah, I'm just sad that's all, it's my first competition since we've been together and he's not going to be here." She says, that melts me.

"It's going to be okay, I promise, he'll be watching it on the tv back home." Sam says. I can feel myself about to cry.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tomorrow, I'm going to get some sleep." I hear Ellie say down the phone.

"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow for your big competition." Alex says before I hear them walking out of the room.

Alex ends the call and I know I need to call Ellie before she goes to bed but I can't give it away that I'm here. I'll just have to not be suspicious.

"Ellie?" I ask when she picks up the phone:

"Tristan!" She squeals.

"I miss you." I lie.

"I miss you too, but I'll see you in a few days." She says, I know she's smiling.

"I know babe, it will come sooner than you know it." I say deviously.

"Well I need some sleep Tris, so I'll call you tomorrow." She says.

"Alright darling, see you soon." I say before Ellie hung up.

I feel so bad that she doesn't know I'm here but she'll love it tomorrow. I'm not going to be there until she gets on to the ice so she's not going to see me before she goes on to the ice.

I decide to go to sleep myself because it's going to be a long day tomorrow. But I'm super excited.

~~

I wake up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. The day of Ellie's competition. I bet she's at the rink now for a warm up but I need to order room service breakfast just in case.

"Hi, can I order some waffles and berries please." I say.

"Yes, what room are you?" The receptionist asks.

"443." I reply.

"Okay, your breakfast will be up shortly." The woman says before hanging up.

I just sit in my room and think about Ellie. She's really changed me and helped me for the better.

It doesn't take long for my breakfast to arrive and I eat it up pretty quickly. Alex told me that Ellie's program is the last in the competition so I need to be there at 12:00pm exactly.