"I'm sorry." She repeated. "I love you, mommy."

"I love you too, Del." I smile, placing her on her feet. She looks adorable in her black leggings and white sweater with a little bunny on it.

"Follow me, love." I take her hand and she walks behind me, followed by Zayn.

"I'm going to do your hair today."

She nods with a smile and I plug in the curling iron. Then I grab a hair tie and some Bobbi pins.

She's going to be a mini me today.

--

"Alright!" I cheered, clapping my hands together twice. "You're all done."

I turn her chair around so she can look at herself in the mirror. Her cute little mouth drops and she touches her freshly curled hair. It's half up, half doyen with the little braid at the front-top of her little head.

"Hold on babe." I said, grabbing the hairspray and covering her eyes so it doesn't get in them. I spray her hair to secure it so it won't fall out and be straight again.

She looks in the mirror and turns her head in all different positions to see every side. She looks at me through the mirror and smiles.

"I'm pretty like you mommy!" She cheers and I smile. She never seizes to make me happy; when she isn't being snobby.

"You were already pretty before." I peck her cheek. I lift her off the chair and place her on her feet.

"You look gorgeous." I look up to see Zayn leaning against the door frame. He smiles down at Delaney and pain in my chest tells me I was hoping he had said that to me. Of course my daughter is gorgeous, it's just I miss him. I miss us before all this shit happened. Somehow I wish we could be together again.. But I know that's no longer an option. And I'm not sure I trust him like that. Not after what he did the first time.

"Thank you!" Delaney cheers, spinning around once like a princess. I smile down at her and think of an new idea.

"Oo, I should put make-up on you." I said, grinning. Delaney looks up at me and smiles, probably wondering what she'd look like with that on.

"No, no. We are not putting makeup on our 5 year old daughter." Zayn makes it clear that he isn't find of Delaney trying makeup for the first time. I hold in an eye roll and respond.

"Okay, okay, sheesh." I said, stubbornly, bummed that I can't do that for her. I respect Zayn and his choices so I always make sure that we agree. I didn't want to argue about it so I just agreed with him.

"When is Bethany coming back over?" Delaney asked, and I think for a moment. Bethany is Delaney's kindergarten teacher. She is her personal teacher who is willing to pull off our tight schedules. She teaches her during my interviews and recordings and things for Zayn. She just started kindergarten last month and I am so proud of her progress. Before, she knew the alphabet but she mixed up some letters. Now she knows it all and can count to 100.

"Monday, sweetie." I responded, taking her hand in mine, and starting for the door. Today is Saturday and Zayn and I planned on getting a Christmas tree together. Since he's always at my house, he is going to help decorate too.

"We can take my car." He offers. I nod at him with a little smile. But then I remember we are going out in public where everyone will see us, including paparazzi. Zayn is dating Perrie but if they see us together, they'll assume he's cheating.

"I don't think we can go." I said, frowning. Why didn't I ever think of this before?

"Why not?" Zayn asked, confused. I'm surprised he didn't think of this.