28- Aka Her True Name

"Hold still." The doctor said, making me take yet another dose of 'medicine'.

"If my powers make me better then why do I need medicine?" I asked, hearing a chorus of laughs through what looked like a mirror. I was strapped to a chair, alone in a room with a new doctor, Dr. Thomson as his name badge read, watching myself in a mirror.

"Kevin, come in." I've heard that name before, I know it. A small boy, no older than myself suddenly came through a door, hooked up to an IV drip, one that I woke up to most mornings, forgetting about where I was. Was this why?

"Kevin, can you ask this girl her name?" Kevin nodded, looking at me.

"Tell me your name." He said, his voice commanding. I felt the need to tell him my name, but there was nothing there.

"I- I don't-" Suddenly it came to me. Like a bolt of lightning coursed throughout my body. "Amanda." I said, remembering my name. How did I? No, that's not my name. "No... That's"

"Kevin, leave us." The doctor said as my eyes rolled to the back of my head.
"Get her Father in here now!" The doctor screamed, hearing the door open and close as more needles were pumped into my blood.

"Jesus Christ, she can't stay here." I heard the man the doctor called my father say as I faded away.

"Wait two years, if she hasn't regained herself then she's your responsibility."

"We can't let Stark know about this. Project J.O.Y has to be shut down."

Joy... I think that's my name.

------------

I woke up to the delightful sound of a buzzer, much like the ones you hear in prisons. Only this place was much worse than a prison. Here you didn't know what they'd subject you to.

"Well, you're awake." As I tried to sit up to see the man who had approached me it was made clear that I couldn't, wrist and ankle restraints preventing me from doing anything but propping myself up in my elbows.

"Where's Kilgrave." I asked, a large part of me worrying that he had already been dealt with.

"He's waiting, along with a few other people. It's time that we finished project J.O.Y. And you along with it. Zebidiah Kilgrave is merely a bonus." He chuckled, pushing my head down and buckling it in, proceeding to wheel me down brightly lit corridors into a large white room, one that was all too familiar too me. It was the room my final experiment was in. The one where I remembered my name.

"Don't move." He said, sticking a large needle into my forearm. I heard a muffled protest from my left, but I was unable to see who it was.  The doctor soon walked off and left me alone in the room, leaving me to try out my powers, but who knew what he had put in me.

"Kilgrave?" I asked, earning another muffled sound from my left. I sighed in relief, knowing that it was him. "Can you see me?" I asked, hearing a gagged "yes." In response. I couldn't help but smile, the syrum burning my veins as all my memories of this place started to come back.

"Don't try and fight it." So he was back. "The syrum I gave you unlocks all of your brains potential. It allows you to remember all of the things Stark Industries made you forget. All of the things your fathers made you into, is right in your brain. And I want to know what it is." A jolt of pain from the sides of my head made my torso rise into the air, I was unable to move anything else.

"What was that?" I snarled, feeling a pulsing sensation coming from my temples.

"I'm reading your brainwaves. Remarkable. Ten times the average human and everytime the syrum tries to open a gate your body repairs itself back to normal." A small pause made me jolt once more, feeling the buckle around my head loosen. I could turn my head. "Phenomenal... We're opening channels that aren't accessible to human mind!" I turned to see Kilgrave, his face muzzled but the anger through his eyes was clear. I closed my eyes, the dull pain in my head as I remembered all the experiments they did on me... I was project J.O.Y. Joy was the name they gave me. My own parents made me into a project and denied my the right of a name?