20- Aka Freedom

It was cold. The floor was cold. The table, cold. Everything in this room was too cold.
"Shall we get started?" A man came in, Daddy.

"Daddy please. I want to go to bed." I pleaded, tears stinging my eyes. What had I done wrong?

"This will make you sleep, Angel." Looking up the dark figure looming over me disfigured and became Kilgrave. "Now. Don't move." His words paralysed me as the needle went in deep. The hatred I held for this man! All along he had been sent to turn my mind into jelly. I had become sick, through their experiments. Another me had come out. He called it Amanda, and of course she loved him. He was nothing but nice to her. When she slept is when I came out, and that's when the experiments would begin. Suddenly climbing on the table, he lifted me gown up. I couldn't struggle, he had told me not to move.

"Get off me." I snarled, unable to move. I knew what was going to happen. Kilgrave slowly leaned forward, his breath catching my ear.

"Never."

------

Waking up with a gasp, I flung forwards only to be knocked back down. Was I? I was back.
"Amanda?" Trish was behind Jessica who looked ready to pounce. Glancing at my hands in wonder, I shook my head.

"No. Amanda's- I don't know." I let out a small chuckle. "I'm finally back in control." I searched my mind for Amanda Rickman, but no trace could be found. Where had she gone? Unless realising the truth had... "Huh. She's really gone." I stood up slowly, wobbling back and forth, only to be caught by Jessica.

"Woah, easy. You went down pretty hard." I let out a soft smile.

"I have the ability to heal. Along with something else Amanda managed to unlock, but..." I tried to replicate the feeling in my hands, but nothing came out. "I don't know how." Looking around, Trish's apartment looked incredibly modern, she had good taste.

"I need to go back to him." I blurted out, looking at Jess and Trish as they looked dumbfounded at one another.

"I'm not letting you go back." Jess retorted.

"You don't have a choice. It's mine to make." I snarled back, clenching my fists. "You're not the hero."

"You're right, I'm not. I can't save you from him." Jess looked down, Trish stepping forward and reaching out for her. "Make your own damn decision. Just don't count on me saving you." Jessica ran out the balcony, jumping over the edge, leaving me with Trish.

"She's trying to protect you, you know, she doesn't do that with many people." Trish said calmly, collecting the paperwork from the side.

"Why? She doesn't owe me anything." I sat on Trish's sofa, confused as to why she felt the need to.

"Kilgrave ruined her life. She's already tried saving someone from him, and she ended up killing herself to escape it." Trish sighed, piling the paperwork into a box. "But she knows that she can't compare it to what you've been through. For once she doesn't know what to do, and I think that scares her." Standing up, I walked over to Trish.

"But that's exactly why I have to go back. He still thinks I'm Amanda, I'm his puppet. He's already done everything he could to me, I can bear a few hits so that I can be the one to kill him." And that's what needed to happen. Despite Amanda's mixed emotions about Zebidiah Kilgrave still floating around in my subconscious somewhere, the bastard had killed too many people. Too many lives had been destroyed at his hands, his words. No more. "I need to do this."

"Are you reassuring me? Or yourself?" Trish looked at me, and I back at her.

"That's a good question." I answered, unable to say any more. Most likely both, as much as I never wanted to see that man again, I knew I had to. "Is it ok if I crash here tonight?" Glancing at the time it was already 7, the three hour drive out of the city to his place was a drive I didn't fancy taking tonight. It had been a long day.

"Sure. What did you want for dinner?" Trish asked, walking to the other side of the island kitchen and opening the freezer. "We've got salmon, chicken, beef..."

"Chicken sounds lovely, thank you." I nodded, helping Trish pack the remainder of the files away.
I hadn't felt this way in a long time. I wouldn't say I was happy, but I had no worry looking over my shoulder. I was free.

-------

Hi guys!! So sorry about the short update- finishing year 2 of uni!! I'm all finished now, going on holiday in a couple of days for a week, so I shall be writing a few chapters ahead again so that I can get back on track with my weekly upload.
Also been struggling with writers block which probably hasn't helped this chapter ^-^; not my best but next chapter Joy will head back to Kilgrave!

What do you think of me changing it to Joy? How do you think she's going to cope with Kilgrave when she heads back there? All questions to be answered ;) hehehe!