10- Aka Follow the Yellow Brick Road

*Sorry I've been slow to update lately, Uni work has been piled on to a great mound of other work and a few art commissions I have to do!! So much to dooooo 😭 so I do apologise, but I'm aiming for 1,500 words (ish) a chapter so hopefully you guys are ok with that 😅
Let me know what you think, and please vote!! Thank you guys so much for the reads so far 😁😁*

Days had gone passed, all in a blur. Kilgrave hadn't been around all that much, although I had been hiding out in the room he had given me to, avoid him.
"Are you kidding me?!" I heard him shouting through the floorboards, never a good sign. "Get them to me by tomorrow, or you wife won't be so lucky next time." My anger surged, I was done listening to him threaten the lives of innocent people that had crossed his path. I flung my door open, Mark standing there opposite the door.
"Miss Rickman." He acknowledged me, his arms folded. He looked tired, I suspect Kilgrave had told him to keep watch over me 24/7.
"Get some rest, I'll be down with him." I growled, shutting my door and making my way down stairs. "Kilgrave!" I yelled, making him out the phone to his shoulder.
"Who has the nerve to interrupt-" he turned around to face me, his eyes widening. We hadn't seen each other in days, and he had made sure of that. Did he think that avoiding me was the best way to go?

*1 week ago*

"Enjoying the food?" Kilgrave asked as I piled the food into my mouth, it had been too long.
I nodded, not giving him the satisfaction of a verbal response.
"Come on, Amanda. I wasn't to blame." I almost choked on my food, quickly swallowing it to get it out the way.
"Not your... Not your fault?! You killed me!" I slammed my fists on the table and pushed my chair back, breathing heavily.
"Sit down, and stay calm." Kilgrave placed his knife and fork down, pushing his chair back and standing up. "We have a deal now, Amanda. I did what I did to save you. If you can't accept that, I'll have to make you." He left the room leaving me alone with my food. He's taunting me? Why?

*Now*

"I'll call you back." Kilgrave shut his phone, obviously a burner, placing it in his pocket. "Decided to show your face, huh?" He smirked, angering me further.
"Why are you threatening innocent people." I asked. Kilgrave shifted his head at the security guards, ordering them all to leave.
"For your information, the man who I just threatened was apart of that task force Jessica sent after us. He survived and I was making sure that there was no collateral damage." I stood there, stunned. He was protecting me? I couldn't believe it.
"I- er, sorry." I mumbled, not quite sure what to say. As much as I didn't want to apologise, his actions had saved us.
"That's ok. So what have been doing to amuse yourself around here? Since you can't step outside."
"No thanks to you." I snapped back, it had been an extremely mind numbing few days.
"Now now, we had a deal." Kilgrave puts on his signature smirk, his lips looking soft and- what the fuck Amanda?! He tried to kill you, he does not get to be looked at like that.
"We did. And then you disappeared." I looked away from him, trying not too blush.
"I though I'd give you some time to be alone." He replied.
"You know what? I'm fed up of being alone. Anyone I talk to is a mindless puppet of yours."
"Hey, they are getting paid! Quite a hefty amount I'll have you know." He cocked an eyebrow, showing off his brown eyes. Oh my god stop thinking about him like that!!
"Doesn't make them any less mindless." I leaned on the counter for support, how after all he had done was he having this effect on me? Pull yourself together woman, you've been kidnapped.
"How about a walk?" Kilgrave asked.
"Outside?"
"Yes. As long as you promise not to run. You have to know I did those things to protect you." His eyes softened, making me think he was telling the truth.
"I'll grab my-"
"Already here." Shit, that would have given me the perfect excuse to grab the shank I had made out of the materials in the bedroom I was staying in.
"Let's go." We walked to the backdoor, and I stopped, I couldn't walk any further.
"Kilgrave." He turned around, placing his suit jacket on.
"As long as you promise not to run from me, you can leave for the day." I nodded anxiously.
"Ok. I promise I won't run." I took a deep breath and took a step over the front door, onto the path. I was outside.
"Follow me." Kilgrave said, and of course I had no choice but to follow. I could feel the thick fog come into my head, the one that had been clear for so long. It was a struggle to see my own thought clearly, all I could see was to follow him and not run.
"So who was the task force that Jessica sent after us?" I asked him, running to catch up and walk by his side.
"It was a company attached to the one my parents used to experiment on me, that's why they wanted both of us."
"They said that I used to... I used to work there, is that true?" I had no recollection of ever working there, but like when Kilgrave manipulated me, they could easily have done the same.
"We're still trying to found that out, although I doubt it. Your parents and... That man you use to see in England were all involved, so it's likely you were the victim in all of this." Poison dropped off his tongue when he mentioned my ex, was he jealous? No, I must have read it wrong.
"My parents can't have been..." I stopped, looking around at where we were. A small park outside of the main city, quiet and peaceful. The evening sun allowed the tree leaves to glow, the autumnal colours magnificent as a soft breeze blew. "Woah." I walked through the park, admiring the beauty of it.
"Since when did-" I was stopped by Kilgrave grabbing my shoulders, kissing me. It took me by suprise, but I had forgotten how much of a good kisser he was. I began to melt my arms raising up to his face before my body screamed at me.
"What the hell!" I pushed him back, wiping my mouth.
"Take me back." I said, I could feel myself blushing but I wanted to escape this situation. "Take me back to the house, now." I took a step back, Kilgrave smiling.
"You, enjoyed that." My mind erased every bad thought about that kiss,
"I enjoyed that." Were the words that came out of my mouth. No! You didn't! Stop thinking that you need to run! Every fibre in my body was yelling at me to run, but I couldn't. Well, at least I couldn't run away.... I plugged my fingers in my ears and began to run towards the house, I needed to get away from this right now before he forced me into something, like he used to do... I shook the thought, he would never– you know he would, he's done it before. My internal conscience said, gee, thanks for that, helpful!
I ran to the door, out of breath as I collapsed to my knees, guards surrounding me. I was forced to the ground and my hands tied up, taken indoors.
"Wait until he hears what you did to me." I said, struggling against their grip.
"These were his orders." The guard smirked, throwing me into the sofa. I landed awkwardly on my arm, feeling it twist.
"Argh!" I screamed, my forearm throbbing. He had tied the cable ties tight, and with every movement I made trying to sit myself up, they cut into my wrists more.
"Where is she!" Great, he was back. "What the hell did you think you were doing." He shouted, raising a hand to hit me.
"Go on then, do it. It'll just prove to me that you're the monster I think you are! I can't believe I-" I looked away, no, I couldn't say that.
"You what?" Kilgrave asked, grabbing my chin and making me look into his eyes. "Tell me, now."
"I can't believe I almost loved you." I spat, pulling my face away.
"Put Amanda in her room. Tie her hands to the bed post." One of the guards picked me up, cutting the ties whilst another grabbed my wrists and retied them in front of me.
"You can't do that." I growled.
"I just did. I will win you over again, Amanda."
"You lost me when you killed me." I snarled, a big thump bashing the back of my head.