19- Aka The Unravel

Jessica had let Amanda recooperate for the rest of the day, with Kilgrave's compulsion gone her memories were starting to return and both the P.I and Amanda agreed that it would be easier for her to deal with it all and make sense of it before talking to anyone about it.

Jones was on her way to Trish's, who had text yesterday about Amanda's parents being involved in the same project as Kilgrave's late parents, something that she couldn't just ignore the coincidence of, especially now that Amanda was safe from him.
"Jess, Hey." Trish opened the door to the balcony, sighing. She never was one to use conventional entrances, especially to her paparazzi filled apartment lobby.

"What have you got?" Jessica asked, skipping the pleasantries. If her conspiracy about how Kilgrave lived was correct, it meant that he was still in control of a majority of the powerful people in the city, ones that would try and put Jessica down without hesitation.

"Well, I was searching the records that Kilgrave, Kevin- as he was known back then- left on the boat he was planning to use as his getaway with you, and I found a whole file on Rickman." Trish pointed Jessica to the file, a page opened on a birth certificate and blood results. Amanda. "Her name isn't Amanda either. You know Kilgrave put her with an alias?"

"Joy? Yeah." Jessica flipped the page over, the birth certificate was a copy. Another one lay behind it, an authentic one with Joy written on it.
"Her parents aren't her biological parents." Shit. She had expected this to be bad, but no where near this. How was she meant to tell Amanda the people she grew up to know and experimented on her also lied about who they really were?

"Yeah. I also found this." Trish walked to the other side of her kitchen counter, picking out a piece of paper from another file.

Subject 38- Amanda Rickman
Blood Type- AB+
Effects shown under stress: Healing
Notes: 38 shows to have continued to grow through various treatments, and along with subject 16 they continue to grow together. 16 seems to calm 38, but after every encounter 38's mind becomes blank. Weak mental control means treatments have allowed 38 to form two personalities.

"Who's 16?" Jessica asked, placing the notes down.

"Kilgrave." Jessica's hands balled into fists, her struggle not to slam her fists down almost too great.

"Shit." Jessica growled,

"Amanda and Joy. They both exist in her head, it's likely that one of them knows that she has known Kilgrave as a child. Jess they grew up together being experimented on by his parents." Jessica ran a hand through her hair, she needed time to digest this. Did Amanda know about Kilgrave?

"I need to let Amanda see this." Jessica practically demanded.

"Sure. Bring her over now if you want." Trish replied, tilting her head to the side. She didn't know Amanda, but having a split personality inside a fragile body that grew up with the sick psychopath that is Kilgrave couldn't be easy on the poor girl. Especially after everything she had been through. Trish- although she daren't say it to Jessica- thought that Amanda might have had it worse off than Jessica with him. After all he had grown up with her, and wiped her mind after every encounter.

"Are you sure? We still don't know the extent of her powers. I don't even think she does." From what Amanda had actually told Jessica and the way she hadn't fought back against the men in the alley way, she only knew a small portion about that her powers could actually do.

"Sure. You know we have the measures to contain you. She shouldn't be a problem." Trish practically shouted as Jessica hopped off the building, jogging back to her apartment.