21- Aka A Man of His Word

The morning had come all too quickly.

Trish had woken up early to leave for her daily talk show, leaving a note for me. She had obviously seen the contorted position that my body was in on her sofa, deciding to leave me be. It would have been nice to say goodbye for now, but at the same time there was a part of me that would have tried to talk myself of doing this. Using Trish's house phone I called a taxi to the address Kilgrave had instructed Amanda to go to, it had been almost a week without any contact, so he would most likely be getting restless, wondering where I- Amanda, was. Sighing, I caught the lift down to the lobby and walked out the front of the building, where an unmarked taxi waited for me.

"Good morning, Miss." The driver was Hispanic, judging by his olive tanned skin and accent.

"Morning." I chirped back, it had been a very long while since I had been able to do greet someone. Strapping myself in with the seatbelt the driver set off, Pablo as it said on his taxi licence displayed on the dashboard of the car.

"What is a beautiful English lady doing here?" Pablo asked, glancing in his rear view mirror. Making conversation with a stranger was a very welcomed distraction right now.

"I live here." It was the truth, sort of. Kilgrave and I had... My temple pulsated, an ache developing. Why couldn't I clearly remember my time with Kilgrave before Amanda took over? Was his hold still that strong? The memories that were shrouded in fog annoyed me, but concentrating on them only made my head worse.

"You like New York?" He asked, although some time had passed since I had answered his question. The towering skyscrapers that hovered over the city almost like alien spaceships had become dispersed, leaving room for town houses and friendly looking neighbourhood streets. We were closing in on Kilgrave.

"It's beautiful, but I can never stay there long. I'm a country girl at heart." I answered, seeing Pablo nod.

"In my country we all dream of New York. The dream is always different from the reality, no?" W both chuckled.

"Yeah." Pablo signalled with his indicator and turned right, down to a road that seemed all too familiar.

"Here we are." As the car came to a halt a man walked out dressed in black, he looked like a security guard with the muscle he carried. Behind him was a scrawny man, his slender build dwarfing him against his security guard. He was clean shaven and had his hair swept back, wearing his trademark purple suit along with a dark blue tie and charcoal grey shirt.

Kilgrave.

He made his way over to the taxi, opening the car door for me to get out of. Taking a deep breath I carefully slid across the seats and stepped out of the car, seeing his face soften.
"Go inside. I'll deal with him." My mind couldn't argue, I hadn't even touched him and he was controlling me. Unable to resist it, I began to walk inside as I saw Kilgrave lean into the window of the taxi. Clenching my fists, I reminded myself that I needed to allow this to happen if I was ever to help Jessica. He needed to die and that's all there was to it.

"Ma'am." The guard opened the door, letting me back into the house. Memories came flooding back of Kilgrave and I relaxing on the sofa, among... Other things.

"I'm gonna be-" I ran to the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet bowl before throwing up. The mere thought of Kilgrave being intimate with me was... Urgh. There were no words to describe my disgust. The worst thing was that if he didn't control me I had to act like I liked it. I didn't know how long I could keep that up for.
Wiping my mouth, I shut the lid and pulled the flush, running some water over my face. Looking up I saw Kilgrave standing there, looking concerned. Concerned my ass I thought.

"Tell me about New York." He smiled, seeing that I was ok. Cursing internally, I opened my mouth to tell him.

"It was... Educational. There's still a lot about my parents that I don't know." I turned to him, he held a casual posture, arms and legs both crossed leaning against the door frame.

"But?" He stood up straight, walking towards me. Unconsciously I flinched, backing myself into the sink behind me.

"But I also learned a lot about my... Family." He continued to walk towards me, his intentions becoming clear. Hold it together, he has to believe you're Amanda.

"I can see that. You seem different." Reaching me, Kilgrave gently ran a hand down my cheek, before snatching his hand and gripping it against my neck. "I'm overjoyed that you're back." He snarled. "Come on, kiss me." He smirked, he knew. How the hell does he know?! Moving my lips closer to his, hesitantly he held back. Kilgrave was making me know the control he held over me. I couldn't move back, my mind didn't want me to. All I wanted to do was kiss him, as much as it repulsed me to even be near him. As our lips touched he pushed me back to the counter, asserting himself over me. Pulling away to catch my breath, I managed to push him back far enough so that his only contact was holding my neck.

"You can't know." I breathed, my eyes seething with hatred.

"That's exactly how I knew. You were always more sheltered than Amanda. I was hoping that the beating you took when you left would have brought you back, looks like I was right." That still didn't explain how he knew.

"You couldn't have." Was my only reply, my nostrils filled with his scent. As much as I hated him I had to admit he smelt good. The scent suited him, a musky scent that was woody, but also a dark bitter smell at the same time. He knew how much to apply so that it stayed on all day, but so it wasn't overpowering.

"Trust me, Joy. You are nothing like Amanda." He tried moving in yet again, but I held my ground.

"She is me." I replied. Despite Amanda's weakness for Kilgrave, she was stronger than I was. "But she's gone. And I still don't know my past with you." I looked down, his musky scent filling my senses up. It's relaxing... Even inwardly I couldn't deny the power that this man held. He was a man where looks didn't matter. Although he wasn't exactly bad looking, he was no Adonis. But the aura radiating off this man spelled power and danger, allowing woman to be drawn into his trap.
It was then he began to control you like a puppet, pulling the strings until they began to wear. After that, he would throw them out and look for another. The man really was a monster.

"All I know is what my parents told me when Jessica locked me up in that damned tank." Kilgrave took a step back, running a hand down his jaw and sighing.

"I shouldn't have come back." I looked up, seeing Kilgrave freeze in place.

"You're not leaving again." His voice was calm, but I could hear the intended anger behind the words.

"That's not your choice to make!" I yelled, throwing my arm to the side.

"You don't have a choice!" He shouted in return, walking up to me and pinning me against the counter. "You are mine, Joy. You always have been and now you're back I'm never letting you out of my sight." Our eyes gazed into each other, both of us unwilling to look away before the other.

"I will never stop trying to get away from you." I promised, trying to struggle out of his grip, only for it to tighten.

"And I will never stop trying to make you love me like you did before." A promise I would not let him keep.

So sorry I've made you guys wait so long!! Having writers block whilst on holiday didn't allow me to write any chapters, so I wrote this yesterday (17th May 2016) on the plane back! Hopefully I'll get into a routine of writing chapters like before again!
I still have slight writers block, so any ideas about what conditions Joy and Kilgrave are loving under, be my guest and comment. Would mean a lot to me!

Until next time <3