9- Aka Reality Check

"Amanda...Amanda." The voice repeated itself over and over, not giving up.
"What." I growled, the sound muffling into the distance until silence ensued. "What!" I managed to open my eyes, groggy. Wait a minute....
I grabbed my neck, expecting to feel a deep slice, how? "What the fuck." I murmured, hearing muffled sounds come from outside the door. Taking in my surroundings, I was in a largely white room, the furnishings all having a purple tint. Purple. "No, no no no..." The door flew open, revealing a familiar face. Kilgrave.
"Stay away from me." I snarled, backing up on the bed yo the headboard. I was still in the same clothes that I was in when he slit my throat in the apartment, which meant the hadn't touched me. Thank god.
"Let me explain." My mouth closed as I had no choice but to follow his orders. I glared at him as he approached me, unable to move or even flinch.
"Why should I." I managed to get out, trying to fight his control. If this Jessica could do it, then so could I.
"I thought you would heal yourself." Kilgrave stated, sitting on the bed. I flinched away, trying to move but still not being able to fight his compulsion.
My mouth struggled to form words, fighting his power as I became dizzy.
"Get some more rest. When you're ready I'll be downstairs. Mark here will be outside your room." Kilgrave closed the door, turning the lock before I heard the footsteps fade. Unfortunately because he had said to get more rest my eyelids grew heavy, trying- but failing- to fight off the sleep I wanted so badly.

"Come on Amanda. Heal yourself." I could feel myself facing, the darkness around my vision growing stronger as my pain numbed.
"Amanda, God dammit come on!" There was worry in this mans voice, almost as if he was... Guilty

Sucking in a sharp breath I woke up startled once again, needing to do to the bathroom. Standing up in woozy legs, I managed to support myself to the door, knocking on it.
"I need to pee." I said loudly, hearing the door unlock. The door opened to reveal a thuggish looking brute, who had a strong build and looked like he could now down a building.
"Very well. Follow me." He said in a deep voice, he had obviously been instructed by Kilgrave to not let me out of his sight.
"Hang on." I said, struggling to walk along the corridor with nothing to hold onto. "Could I get a little help?" I asked, seeing him wanting to, but flinching.
"I can't make any contact with you. I'm sorry, Miss." He looked like he wanted to help, but the last thing I wanted to do was get him killed.
"It's ok. And please, call me Amanda."
"We got told you're name was Joy." Mark replied, escorting me down this deceivingly long corridor.
"Of course. Kilgrave's Joy and all that." I rolled my eyes, reaching an open door.
"Here we are Miss- sorry, Amanda." I smiled at Mark, closing the door entering the bathroom. I managed to get to the loo quickly, letting myself pee.
"Oh thank god." I sighed in relief, feeling like I had been holding that in for days. After flushing the chain, I washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror, noticing an extremely small pink line across my neck, a scar.
"Kilgrave has requested to see you." Mark knocked on the door, startling me.
"Tell him I'll be there when it suits me!" I snapped back, earning no response.
"Amanda." Another voice at the door, Kilgrave's.
"Do us both a favour and fuck off." I swore, majorly pissed off. The bastard has tried to kill me, and then had the nerve to kidnap me and keep me hostage in a strange house?
"Get out here, now." Shit. Unwillingly, I walked towards the bathroom door, fighting every step until my hand turned the key which locked it. Kilgrave opened the door outwards, his eyes wide with anger.
Don't you dare.
"Come on, dinner is prepared and being served up." Kilgrave held out his hand, waiting for me to take it. Was he serious? After everything he'd done to me? "Take my hand, Amanda." My spine shivered as I had no choice but to do so, everything in me wanted to scream and run, but my body wouldn't allow it.
"Here we are."
"Woah." I couldn't help but marvel over the interior design of this place. It was huge compared to his apartment, which wasn't exactly cramped.
"Here, sit." I did as he asked, clenching my fists and glaring at him in protest.
"Do you have to command me with every word?" I snarled, seeing a smirk appear upon his face.
"For the moment, yes. I have to be sure that you won't run off."
"What, because you slit my fucking throat?" I retaliated, he was not expecting that response. "Why don't you just tell me I can't leave this house without your say so and then stop controlling me!" My hands began to glow green, an ominous power spreading through my body.
"Calm. Down." Kilgrave stood up, wary of me. The glow disappeared as I slowed my breathing, I didn't want to calm down! "Amanda you will not leave this house without my permission."
"I will not leave this house without your permission." I repeated, almost mindlessly. What the fuck was going on!
"Good! Now, let's eat." Kilgrave sat back down at the table, and the chef brought us out a pasta dish, why was I surprised.
"Let's." I picked up my fork and spoon and began to eat my pasta, trying not to make eye contact with him as we ate.