Chapter 17

Chapter 17

    After Andy left, Don came back into the room slamming the door behind him. He looked at me with love and disbelief. He came over to the bed and sat next to me, the room was cleared of any light but I could see perfectly.

    “Tom is gone, he is missing. Apparently he went on vacation when I read your memories.” There was a knock on the door, we knew that it came from the underground tunnel, so it must be a vampire.

    Both Don and I went to the door, only to see that it was Bill and Candy.

    “We would like to take my sister so that the arrangements cane be made.” said Candy. I had a feeling that she knew more than what she was telling us.

    “Do you have permission from Victor?” asked Don.

    “We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t.” said Bill.

    “Lori, come with us.” Candy held her hand out to me and we both walked to the end of the tunnel were a car was waiting for us under the shade of a tree.

    “Okay what is going on?” I said as the car drove down the streets of the underground world we lived in.

    “Tom has no idea that Don knows, we told him that he should live in the East side castle, and that we would meet him there.” said Bill, who was too busy being the driver.

    “Lori, hun, you have to know that if you choose this you will be punished?”

    “Choose what?!”

    “I’m getting to that. If you choose that you want to be with Tom, the council will most likely rule your sentence adultery, and you will be killed. But if you say that Don hit you before all this happened, he will also be sentenced with domestic abuse. And he will also have to be judged.” I still had a bruise on my arm from that.

    “I’ll go with the last one.” I said. My sister smiled, like she knew that  I would.

    “I new that you would.” she smiled at me.

    “Okay, what we do now?”  I asked.

    “We go see Tom.” said Bill.

    When we made our way to the East side castle the sun was just setting. We took turns driving since we all needed some sleep. Seeing the east side castle again since last year made me feel like I was finally home again.

    I would be staying in my old room. And my ’father’ of sorts was happy that I was back to a while. He didn’t believe that I would cheat on Don, but when I told him that I did, his words were, “thank god, now I no you have good taste.”, he pulled me into a hug afterwards.

    When it was time to tell Tom what happened. He didn’t know why I was staying with my old house.

    “Because Tom, Don knows the truth about what happened.”

    “He will kill her.” by this time I saw sitting in lap, and his arms were around me tightly. His face moved so that it was resting on my shoulder. This was nice being able to be together like this in front of my family. 

    “I no that, why don’t we sleep on it for now.”

    Tom and I fell asleep together that night wrapped in each others arms.

    I was dreaming, I had to be. The colors and the noises were just to real to be real. I could feel the death around me. The sounds of people screaming. And there was me and Adrian. I turned to look at him and his eyes, they were a color I never seen before. And in the reflection I could see mine, they were not the color I always had.

    I could see all around me smoke, and the screaming. It was everywhere, and the whole time there was something inside me growing.  But I didn’t know what it was yet. 

    There was a gunshot and just when I went to turn. I woke up.

    “No!” I screamed as I woke up, jolting out of the bed. Tom woke with a start next to me.

    “Lori, what is it?” he asked running his hands up and down my arms trying to make the chills go away.

    “Nothing just a bad dream.” I knew that I had to go see Sonja, she was a psychic that the vampires used in our world. She would know what the hell was going on with me. I would see her in the morning.

    The next morning, as I walked into Sonja’s house she was there sitting at a table covered in candles.

    “I new that you would come sooner or later. I know about the war with the American’s. It’s getting worse you know their getting closer.”

    “What do you mean their getting closer?”

    “I mean that they are coming here. And they will destroy everything. They have a new technology now, guns that can kill vampires, not wood, Florissant light. It’s like light trapped in a bullet and once it touches our skin it opens exposing us to the full light that will disintegrate us completely.” she spoke with confidence. How could she, she was also a vampire, and could be killed along with the rest of us.

    “Okay, this is different, but I came here for-”

    “I know why you came here, give me your hand.”  I gave her my hand and she looked at it, and her head tilted back, her eyes opened exposing her natural color. Her breathing came in gasps, as she saw my dreams. 

    “Well darling, you have a lot ahead of you, it’s Don’s doing. He has made the war, he has known for a long time that you and Tom would have a relationship, there is more to your past than you think. But I need to tell you something that could be more important to your life and someone else’s.” and she told me what that was, and I couldn’t believe what I heard. It almost made me drop to the floor.               

    When I got back home Tom was waiting for me. I couldn’t even look at him, I was scared that I would blab the truth to him. But I said something else that would get my mind off of it.

    “Let me see the rest of my memories.”

    “I want to tell you them.” he said.

    “Fine but tell them as I see them.”

    “Fine.”

I took his neck in my hands and bight him. The memories came instantly.

    “Your parents were normal humans for us vampires here in Germany.  They were King Louis’s and my mother’s consorts. You were mine too growing up.” I could see him feeding off of me. “But things only lasted for a few, years, before your parents were killed, we found out that they were spies for the Americans. They were killed the next night. Victor wanted them to be killed. He was there the night your parents were killed. He and Antonio.” my body jolted when he said that King Antonio was there.

    “That’s right he killed your parents. But they didn’t die because they were spies, traitors, they were also killed because a prince, the future king of the south fell in love with a human. And his human consort at that.” I could see us together now. Tom and I kissing, when his father found us together.

    “Victor commanded that you and your family were killed, though he never seen you guys in his life. But that night when King Antonio came to your room, Victor told him to stop, he just could bear the though of draining you dry, or your brother and sister. Because you three reminded him of his precious family. The family that he killed when he was made a vampire.”

    I released his neck. I remembered everything. And wanted my revenge.