Chapter 3

Chapter 3

    Later that night I ran into Tom again. It was in the most unpredictable place. My bedroom. He was standing at the floor to sealing windows, that were over looking the grounds of the west side kingdom. He slowly turned around, and came over to me, grabbed my face gently yet forcefully. His face slowly came over to mine, and I thought that he was going to kiss me but then his face came to my left toward my ear.

    “Do you know how much I hate Don.” He said his name with a sneer. No body was ever allowed to say that about King Don, not unless you wanted to die. And I didn’t very much appreciate him talking that way about my future husband.  Even though I didn’t know him that well.

    “What gives you the right to disrespect my husband that way?” Tom got a look of disgust on his face when I said that. He rolled his eyes and began to walk toward me. With every step he took toward me I took a step away. His face had a look of a hunter. The face of a vampire, his eyes glowed a bloody red, that was when I knew that his power was fire. I never liked electricity, so I only had millions of candles in my room. One by one the candles went out. Leaving us in the dark. The only thing I could see were his eyes glowing red.

    When he finally reached me, his face against mine.

    “He is not your husband yet. So I can still do this.” he grabbed my face once again and plastered my face to his, his lips were soft and smooth, the smell of him was intoxicating I wanted more. He gently moved us back so that my back was against the wall pinning me to him.  For some reason it felt like this has happened before, I don’t know when. All I did was kiss him back happily. His hand went to the back of my head as he pulled our faces apart. At that moment the door opened to reveal Andy in only his PJ’s bottoms, he was topless and makeup free.  His face looked shocked, and then angry.

    “What the hell, Lori. Sorry I  interrupted you guys.” he walked out slamming the door with him. I tried to go to the door to stop him but Tom held me back.

    “Don’t he’s nothing but a consort  that is infatuated with his vampire.” I was insulted. I didn’t mean to do it at the time, but maybe I did, to this day I don’t even remember. My hand was by my side, and the next thing I know it is flying at his face with a slapping sound ringing in the air.

    He stood there for a moment shacking his head up and down rubbing his face with his hand.

    “You know you can be so blind, I guess you don’t even realize that your consort is in love with you.“ He looked at me for a moment and then opened the window and jumped down the balcony the last thing I heard was the squealing of tires in the distance.

    The next night, I was sitting in my room when I got a call from my sister.

    “Hey I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight, Bill has to go on business with his father about the war with the south and the north.”

    “Okay, I’ll be right there in 20 minutes.” I walked to the garage wear we kept all of our 37 cars. Andy was there he looked at me, looked away and got my car ready, he never said a word to me. I was starting to think that what Tom said about Andy liking me were true, I mean he showed all the signs, I just couldn’t believe that I never saw it sooner.

    “Lori, it’s good to see you.” said Anna Whitmore. Anna Whitmore is one of Bill and Candy’s consorts and if needed Bill’s assigned whore. Though he never needed one, she was also Claudia’s nanny on some occasions.

    “Nice to see you too Anna. Do you mined to tell me wear my sister is?”

    “Oh yes she’s just down the hall to your right, she’s in the library miss.”

    “Thank you.”

In the library I saw my sister with Claudia, and Adrian. Claudia ran up to me.

    “Oh, Auntie Lori, you’ll never guess what I heard last night. I heard that you were kissing Uncle Tom in your room. Your human consort told Grandfather Antonio and Grandfather told Grandfather Louis, And the Grandfather Louis told your future husband Don. Don didn’t seem to mind, but I don’t know if he minds. He didn’t look upset at all about it though his eyes got brighter. He was hear you know, I think he still is but they are in a meeting along with father. This has to be the first time they are meeting without there being a war. They never go to each others houses like this. I guess they really want to stop the war.” She just Kept on talking while I sat on the couch, I couldn’t move, I was in shock. 

    My brother who was worried about he came over.

    “Hey sis are you alright? You don’t look so well. I mean we’re all pail but damn your whiter than normal.” he tried to laugh at his own joke but I ended up being silent. This was great just great. Don was hear and he knew what I did. Great.

    About an hour later the meeting that Louis and Don and Bill had was over and they all came into the room. We all stood up in greeting then sat back down.  Don looked at me for a long time, sighed then asked if I could speak with him from the other room.

    “Is it true?” he asked. I tried to look dumb but that just wasn’t working for him.

    “I said is it true, that you have kissed another?” when I didn’t answer he grabbed my arms and gently shook me.

    “I said is it true!!?” he yelled. His face was still so beautiful, even when he was angry.

    “Yes, but I didn’t kiss him, please you have to believe me, he kissed me then pined me to the wall!” for some reason I couldn’t lie to him, it was like he had control over me.

    “Is that true, what you say?” he asked.

    “Yes, I would never lie to you.”

    “Well then this is good.  Because we are to be married tomorrow night. Everything has been arranged for this. Even the South can come, since your sister is part of the south.” I was in even more shock. I was getting married by tomorrow?

    “W-what? Tomorrow! Are you kidding me? I have nothing ready, no dress, no, no, no nothing!!! What the hell Don!” I was stalling, or at least I was trying to. But he could see right through me.

    “Do you not want to marry me?” said offended.

    “No- I mean yes I do its just that everything is going so fast that I’m in shock.” everything was going too fast. I just met the guy yesterday.

    “I understand, everything will get better later on. Now I need to go because Louis doesn’t like having me hear, but I will see you tomorrow night.” This time instead of kissing my cheek he kissed my lips, gently at first then passionate. And I kissed him back, again it was like he was controlling me. When he pulled back we were both breathless, and paler. He kissed me once more then left.

    'I still to this day don’t know why I did all the things that I did then. Maybe it was because I was so naïve, young.  But if I knew then what I know now I would have tried to stop it. Maybe then two lives would have been saved.