A World Behind Walls

Prologue

Everything started two years ago. It was a cold night, it had been snowing, about close to Christmas time. A family of 5 could be heard laughing from inside their house, playing Christmas piano songs, having no idea that there was a hungry predator outside there very door. The vampire smelled the air. And his mouth watered. Yellow venom seeping from his mouth. They smelled delicious. The time has come. But he would wait till they were all asleep.

When the family finally fell asleep, he made his move. His long nails picked the lock. When the door opened he followed the strong smell, the smell of a dominant, the older male of the house. The man was sound asleep next to his beautiful wife breathing evenly, not knowing that his life had measly seconds left at all. He silently snapped the mans neck, before the man could die he drank deeply. You could not drink from the dead, it was one of the many taboos of the vampiric world.

He did the same to the woman. Though she was a light sleeper, the second he touched her she awoke. She sucked in a breath of shock from his freezing fingers around her neck. She fought him, trying to claw at his hands, hit his face, anything she could do, so that maybe the cops could identify him if she got away at all. His hands pushed down on her neck, cutting off the oxygen that she so badly needed. Slowly and painfully she suffocated, her face going from a creamy color to red, to blue, to finally deathly white. He did not drink from her, she was infected with HIV, and he could smell the Heroine in her system.

The vampire made his way to the second bedroom down the hall. He smelled young blood around the age of 17, a young male. He walked into the teenagers room and smiled the boy was perfect, perfect for the vampire world. He snapped his fingers and his servants came into the room, he never went anywhere alone. One picked up the boy and left. He would wait in the car for the others.

The next room, had a woman smell, age of 19, the girl laying there had striking red hair. She was like her mother of course, woke up when one his men touched her. We injected a sedative into her system that would wear off in the morning, or in his case in the night time.

The last room had a powerful sent. Power that could be smelt from the end of the hallway. This was good, the vampire world needed this, a female power. The girl was very young around 17. A twin to the boy. Her hair was natural except for the blue in it.

Later that night the vampire created 3 newborns. They would be his children, they would someday be the new face of the vampire world. They would change it forever. He was not interested in thinking that the young male was going to change the vampire world, as normally you hear about males becoming "the great." But of the girl with the blue in her hair. Lorelei. She would change this world forever. He knew it.