Confessions of a Concubine

Start from the beginning

"Geez, he summons me but isn't even here yet." I mumbled as I waited for Sinbad. A few minutes passed and there was still no sign of the perverted king. My stomach started growling. As I was about to gobble the food in front of me the double doors opened and Sinbad's voice boomed amongst a group of weirdly dressed people.

"Ah, breakfast." He said and looked towards my direction. "Koutsuki, good morning."

I stood up and put on a fake smile, "Good morning, your majesty." I put a hand on my growling stomach.

The group behind Sinbad were all familiar looking people. They looked similar with some of his generals. I continued to stand contemplating on introducing myself but in no way was the word 'concubine' going to leave my mouth again. Sinbad stood by my side and introduced me on my stead.

"Everyone, this is Koutsuki." He presented me as I bowed towards the group. After that we all sat and proceeded to eat together.

"Sinbad, you've finally gotten yourself a woman by your side. As your senior in married life, I can always give you and your Queen some advice." A long haired woman who resembled Pisti said raising one of her eyebrows.

I put on an unsettled expression at the position she thought I held. Sinbad must've seen.

"Mira, unfortunately, I have fallen for a woman who wished to be my concubine rather than my Queen." Sinbad gazed at me and I kept my eyes on the food on my plate.

"Your culture baffles me as ever. I still do not get why you are allowed to marry more than one woman." The man resembling Spartos debated.

"It is for the assurance of an heir, preferably male, is it not so Sinbad?" The man greatly resembling Sharrkan said.

Sinbad chuckled. "Darius, it is apparently as Armakan said." He adressed them respectively. "That is how a monarch would be like."

"A monarch? Are you no different?" Darius questioned.

"Hold up, you men. Why are you talking amongst youselves?" Mira argued. "Koutsuki, was it? Why have you chosen to become Sinbad's concubine when surely, the position of a Queen is better?"

I contemplated for an answer and I wasn't proud of what I came up with. "It is...because...I personally do not care about the position. The only thing I care about is being close to his majesty." I lied.

All the nerves in my body has failed me. I saw everyone in the room blush, even Sinbad, but no one bested the redness of my cheeks.

"Ooooh, I like this woman!! Truly, she is a waste as your concubine." Mira exclaimed.

Sinbad gave her his natural smile and agreed. The two other men remained silent as the three of us continued blushing.

●●●

The day went by with Sinbad showing the three allied rulers to Sindria's palace, with me tagging along as  a concubine's duty to accompany her king when he wanted. I was granted leave in the afternoon as the four of them held a meeting regarding the upcoming war with Kou. I personally wouldn't have minded being Sinbad's concubine if I could sit in the meeting as well, but clearly I wasn't trustworthy. I let my afternoon pass sitting in the gardens.