CHAPTER 7 - New Beginnings

Start from the beginning

And in utter shock, he turns his head and he sees Allie in a gold long gown and high heels entering the party. One thing he noticed, Brett wasn't in her arms. After a while he sees dad welcoming her and escorting her to the bar.

He then looks at his sister, "Why is she here? What is she doing here? Who invited her? How did she even find out about this party?" He asked in a concerned tone. "That's an awful lot of questions you're asking me." Carlie joked. "Ahhh whatever." He whined. "I better go and find my boyfriend." She said.

Then Chase spots her mom and grabs her arm and pulls her to the side to talk to her.

"Mother, you have some explaining to do." Chase said angrily. "About what?" Cassidy asked. "Don't play dumb with me. I know you made Allie live with me." He said now sounding ballistic. "I did no such thing!" Cassidy defended herself. "Oh shut up, mom! I know you gave her great recommendations and helped her by telling your rich friends about her in exchange to let her live with me, your own son!" Chase said angrily.

Cassidy shook her head, "I did give her a great recommendation. But what was I supposed to do when I learned that she was homeless?!" She said. "Oh I don't know, mom. She's a complete stranger and you just let her use you like that?!" Chase retorted. "No. I did not. I saw talent and drive in her. And since I was worried you're gonna go crazy again, I told her to live with you. In exchange she cook you breakfast, dinner and clean up after you." Cassidy said.

"Clean up after me?! What am I, a teenager?! I know how to take care of myself mom. I just can't believe you'd hire someone to make me fall in love again." Chase slipped up.

Cassidy smiled, "I did not hire her, I am not paying her but at least you finally admit that you love her..." She said. Chase rolled his eyes, "Mom, please don't interfere with my life. It's already as messy as it is." He said. "I'm sorry." Cassidy said then Chase walked away.

After a while Valerie saw Chase leaning on the railing and looking at the skyline. She slowly approached him and hugged him from behind and they slowly sway to the rhythm of the music. Their faces both cheek to cheek, he held her hand steady as it lay on his stomach and he could feel her heart beat.

"I missed you tonight." Valerie said. "I missed you too." Chase replied. "Why weren't you with me the whole night?" She asked innocently. "I just wanted you to shine and enjoy the party." He said as he smiled.

He then turned to face her, "You should go have fun; I'll catch up with you later, okay?" He added and then kissed her forehead. "Are you sure?" she asked and looked into his eyes. "Yes I'm sure. Now go have fun out there." He said and then kissed her lips then she walked away disappearing in the crowd.

Chase grabs another glass of champagne and then turned around to look at the skyline, once again. He took a deep breath and enjoyed the loneliness. While Allie ordered some cocktails at the bar, she looked at Chase from afar.

A few minutes later, she slowly approached him. "Hi." She said in a plain tone. He turns to face her, "Hey." He said. "Didn't expect you'd be here." He added. "Well, I gotta thank your mom for that matter." She said. "My mom, huh?" He said sarcastically.

"How have you been?" She asked sensing uneasiness. "I'm great. How about you?" He asked. "I'm good. Are you dating anyone?" She asked. "As a matter of fact, I am." He replied. "Who is she?" She asked. "Her name's Valerie Atkins, she's the girl in that turquoise dress." He said and smiled at Allie. "That's cute and I already know. I was just making sure." She said.

"How do you know her?" He asked.

"She's Brett's fiancée." She said, ignoring how he would react.

He laughs so hard, "Are you stoned or something?" He said. "I'm serious." She said. Slowly, as she tells him this information, his smile began to disappear. When she finished, he didn't even look at her. He drank his champagne and walked away from her.

A few moments after, Valerie took the stage and grabbed the microphone. "Excuse me, everyone! I would like to have your attention for a while. I have two huge announcements for all of you tonight. First of all, I'm proud to say that working for a great man, Mr. Charles Everett is an honor. And second of all, I'm currently off the market and couldn't be happier to be Chase Everett's girlfriend." She said. Everyone cheered and as the spotlight was lit on Chase, he gave her a disappointing look and walked towards the stage.

Chase grabs the mic, "Well, the cats out of the bag folks. But there's just a small error in your statement there, sweetie." Chase paused. "First of all, I'm still single. Second, let's all raise a glass to Valerie Atkins who is engaged to be married to my roommate's boyfriend, Brett." He said with burning passion and then walked out of the stage.

"Surprised?" Chase asked Valerie and she froze up. "Well, so was I." He said and shook his head.

He then left the party shortly.

*Bryce Dallas Howard plays Valerie Atkins and Chris Lowell plays Brett

I'm so sorry I took so long in posting this! I hope you'll love it! Is Valerie really Brett's fiancee? Is Allie lying? Is Chase mad? What could happen next? Sound off, comment, follow, and tell me what you think! ;)