Chapter 1

Lauren was lying on the couch in the back of the tour bus that she shared with Camila and Dinah. The L Word was playing on the TV and Lauren scrolling through her phone. She was on tumblr looking at posts she was tagged in - most of it being Camren related. She rolled her eyes, "They're so delusional" she thought to herself. It wasn't that she hated Camila, of course she didn't, she just didn't like her like that. They were best friends, nothing more.

She closed tumblr and began thinking. Thinking about everything: her career, her family, the other girls. She was lucky to get on so well with everyone, she was worried that she would hate the people in her group when they were first formed. I mean they were all so different especially her and Ally - they were like complete opposites. Yet they clicked so well, "I guess it's true - opposites attract" Lauren Laughed to herself.

Just then Dinah entered the room. Looking strangely at Lauren she sat down next to her. "Hey you" Lauren smiled at Dinah. "Hello Lo." Dinah grinned at her older band mate. "Me, Mani and Camila are going out with Ashlee and some of the crew to get food - wanna come?" Dinah stated the reason she was there.

"No thanks." Lauren sighed tiredly "I'm a bit tired from today's show" she admitted. "Okay Lauren" Dinah said patting her on the knee and standing up. She walked to the door and was about to open it when Lauren called her name. "Dinah!" Dinah turned around and looked at the green-eyed girl. "Why isn't Ally going with you? Is she Ok?" Lauren asked - the concern for her older friend apparent from her face and voice. Dinah lightly smiled "She wasn't feeling well, I think she's homesick." Dinah replied. "She in her bus?" Lauren questioned. Dinah nodded before leaving the room. Lauren turned off the TV and picked up the blanket that she was using - deciding to go and see Ally.

She walked onto the bus that Ally and Normani shared. She called out Ally's name so not to startle her but there was no reply. She moved down the bus to the bunks and stopped at the one she knew belonged to Ally. She knocked on the wood to the side of the curtain. "Ally, it's me Lauren, are you in there?" Lauren said in a quiet voice - not wanting to disturb the girl if she was asleep. "Umm...Yeah" She heard Ally mumble before sniffing. 'She's crying.' Lauren thought. She pulled the curtain aside and her heart broke at the sight. Ally was curled up in a ball, her knees to her chest, with Moose-Moose under her chin. Her eyes were red and puffy, her face completely rid of make-up. Tears rolled down her face as she looked at Lauren with watery eyes.

"Ally babe." Lauren said climbing into the bunk and pulling the small girl into her. Ally sobbed into her chest as Lauren ran her hands through Ally's hair. This went on for several minutes, the two girls laying in the bunk, not saying anything, just letting Ally cry. "Sorry" Ally said , pulling back and wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"There's no need to apologise Ally." Lauren said confused. "Everyone needs to cry. Even Sunshines like you." Ally smiled at Lauren's attempt of cheering her up. "Want to talk about it?" Lauren asked, looking carefully at the older girl. Ally lay back down, putting her head on Lauren's chest. "I don't know." Ally sighed. "That's fine" Lauren said. It was silent now, the only sound was the breathing of the two girls. The silence wasn't awkward - it was actually quite comforting. Just lying there, knowing that you have someone with you. Someone who you could trust, someone who you knew was willing to protect you and listen to your problems. That was how it was with the two girls - they knew it. Although they had never said anything about it, they knew that they would always be there for each other, no matter what.

The silence was broken 3 minutes later when Ally spoke up, "I think I'm ready to talk about it."
"Okay Als, take your time hun." Lauren said knowing that the worst thing to do was to rush Ally.
"There's been a lot going on lately, with our career and with my own self - it's a bit overwhelming." Ally admitted. Lauren nodded in understanding, encouraging Ally to go on. It was good to see Ally being so honest, usually Ally tried to hide her feelings behind her smile. She always put others first - not wanting to burden them with her problems and concerns.