Detention with a Toad

A few days later, Scorpius had been released from the Infirmary and his schedule was back to normal. Albus had been dreading detention that night, as he and Scorpius had to deal with Umbridge.
Albus and Scorpius had been in Transfiguration when the pink clad woman walked in, heels clacking, and her stupid clipboard clutched to her chest.

"Ah, Minerva, might I be able to see Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter after class?" She asked, her high pitched voice sounding worse than forks on glass.

Professor McGonagall ignored the unwelcome visitor and kept teaching, knowing fully well that Umbridge had no power whatsoever. Albus, on the other hand, had been lost in the nightmares that she might make himself and Scorpius do. If she was evil enough to make his father write with a blood quill, what could she give to him?
Albus didn't want to know.

Albus and Scorpius had to transfigure a few inanimate objects into actual creatures, which seemed to be easier said than done. Albus' tea cup had turned into a feather, and Scorpius' had become only half of a turtle.
After a few more tries, Albus ended up getting a dove out of the had been feather. Scorpius had finally managed to transfigure the second half of the turtle, and he planned on keeping it.

"Albus, what should I name him?" Scorpius asked, looking at the box turtle.

"I don't know? We aren't supposed to keep our Transfiguration projects, you know."
Albus said.

"But he's so cute! I can't possibly turn him back into a tea pot, that'd be horrible!" Scorpius said, holding the creature in his hand.

"Just- don't get caught. And don't let this become any worse than Hagrid's problem with the monsters and magical creatures, because I'd rather not live with a zoo." Albus said with a half smile.

"Okay! I'm naming him Squirt, like from Finding Nemo." Scorpius said, hiding his turtle in his robes. He quickly transfigured a second cup into a worm, and hoped he'd still get points.

As class came to an end, Scorpius and Albus shared a glance, one full of determination with the slightest bit of doubt, but a reassurance all the same.
Nyx, Breanna, Jinx, and Rose had left their last class, knowing that Albus and Scorpius wouldn't be leaving any time soon.

"A Potter and a Malfoy together- it's disturbing. I would have thought better of you Malfoy- fraternizing with a Potter of all people? Well, I guess it goes to show that some things do change, but never mind that. You two have detention with me." Umbridge snapped, and Scorpius purposely entwined his and Albus' hands in full view of the rotten woman.

She could preach to the whole choir about how 'bad' same sex relations were, and how horrible transpeople were, and how utterly terrible asexuals and nonbianaries were, but not one of the boys had been listening. They blocked her out, and ignored every single word she had said.

-

As they reached the pink horror's office, Scorpius noticed something that was off. There was an old cabinet in the room, that looked just like the one at his house. It was old, and a mahogany color, which had gathered dust from years of being untouched. Once, when he had been playing hide & seek with his parents, he had hidden there, and it had sent him to a strange store. Scorpius had never touched the cabinet after that.
But seeing it now, he knew what it was, and he was surprised that it hadn't been destroyed in the Room of Requirement's fire.

Umbridge cleared her throat, and Scorpius was brought back from his thoughts.

"You two aren't going to be anywhere near each other, and I want you both to write a ten page essay on why you think it's even the least bit acceptable to be together- oh, how horrible your parents must feel. To know that their child is gay, of all things." She said in disgust.