The Serpent's Heir

Kiara had just gotten out of a study session with Rian Harrison- a Gryffindor who happened to have a huge crush on her, and was oblivious to her straight up telling him that she hit for the other team- her own team. Rose, her amazing girlfriend, had thankfully came over and dealt with Rian.

     Rose had said something along the lines of: "If you ever so much as try to go near my girlfriend again, I will hex you until you see slugs coming out of your mouth every time you try to speak."

    The two girls had quickly left the room, Kiara giggling like mad. "Rose, that was brilliant! And yes I know I accidentally just quoted Doctor Who. Sue me." The ebony haired girl said with a shrug.

Rose laughed. "Frankly, I'd rather kiss you."

    The auburn haired girl smiled, her bright green eyes taking in everything about Kiara; Her bright blue eyes, her crooked smile, the light splay of freckles that dotted the tops of her cheeks, how dark green looked amazing on her.

   Kiara noticed Rose's staring, and blushed. "What?" She questioned, walking backwards down the third floor corridor.

"It's just that. . . I have you all to myself, and you're gorgeous and stunning, and well, I'm me. You could have anyone in the school, yet you choose stay with me. Why?" Rose asked quietly.

   Kiara stopped. "Rose, I choose to stay with you because I can't live without you. I'm addicted to you, in a good way. You're like my oxygen, and I can't breathe if you're not around. If I were to ever loose you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

Rose took in the enormity what her girlfriend had said, chastising herself for being so silly.

"I feel the same way. And I'd imagine that's how Albus feels about Scorpius. They can't live without each other.  . . Like how I can't live without you." Rose took Kiara's hand and they walked down the hall, until Kiara stopped.

"Rose, do you hear that?" She hissed, glancing around for the source of the noise.

"Hear what?" Rose whispered, she hadn't heard the slightest noise.

Kiara heard the noise again, a hissing. She had hoped she'd only imagined it- but knew deep down that she had heard the hiss of a snake.

"Not again!" She grumbled, cursing as she walked the corridor- Rose racing to keep up.

"Kiara, what is it? What's wrong?" Rose asked.

"It's nothing, just- just go find Ella and I'll meet you. . ." the older girl stopped, seeing people emerge from the Room of Requirement.

Rose's footsteps receded far away from where Kiara stood.

     She noticed a group of snakes swarming them, and she knew why the snakes were there. Not for her- of course. She knew enough of the Death Eater's plans for herself. If she didn't do something now, Scorpius or Albus would get hurt, and that couldn't happen, if they were hurt it'd ruin everything.

"Come here." She whispered, trying to figure out why her Parseltongue failed to work now.

'Of all times, it fails here and now.' She cursed, shaking her head. She knew better than this. Her strange ability only worked when next to no one was around.

She huffed angrily and clenched her fists. She could do this. She just needed to concentrate.

"Come here, NOW." She said more forcefully, and it came out as a demanding hiss. A few snakes slithered over, but the rest stayed by Albus, Scorpius and their friends. She needed to take different measures.