Meet the Pirates

Albus walked to dinner alone, grumpy, and overall miserable.

He didn't have Scorpius with him, and he was letting his thoughts run wild.

'Scorpius doesn't like you! He's your best friend, hell he may know you're gay, but he's probably revolted by that. He can just hide it well. He loves Rose, and you're the one left behind, you're the one who's never going to find love because you don't deserve it. I'm sure your parents would be bitter about your sexuality too.'

   The small voice in Albus' head had been nagging at him. Thoughts like this would come and go, and he'd normally be able to shake them. Not lately. Lately they had stuck with him, and he knew the words found their mark, cutting like knives.

He thought of the muggle rhyme, that he had heard many times as a child.

'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.'

'Yeah,' Albus thought, 'Because words obviously don't inflict more pain than physical bruising. Cause psychological damage is so much less harmful than a few bruises.'

Albus laughed bitterly to himself.

He felt a weight pulling him down, but naturally, he had to keep his head up.

He couldn't give in to the dark, especially with what the word dark meant to most wizards and witches.

   He barely ate that night, Scorpius had never come down to dinner, or at least if he had, Albus hadn't seen the blonde boy.

'He was probably too busy with Rose.' Albus thought, sighing.

Albus may have been bitter about Scorpius liking his cousin, but he needed to at least pretend to be happy for his friend.

   "Hey Albus! Come here!" James, was shouting for his little brother to come follow him, with Teddy Lupin right by James' side. Albus spotted Fred II, Roxanne, Rose, Nyx, and Scorpius, among the crowd of loud and slightly obnoxious Gryffindors.

Albus decided to go with them, and he sort of guessed what was happening. 9 pm tonight. That's what Teddy had told Albus and Scorpius about a meeting, a month ago.

Albus caught up with the rest of the group, and pulled on Scorpius' robes.

    "Hey, what did you find out about the parchment?" Albus asked, trying to be discreet about it.

"Well, Rose thinks it's some form of a prophecy, and that's just what it was recorded on. Not very safe, I know, but it was all the witness had at the time I'd assume." Scorpius whispered.

Albus nodded, and thought on the words.

The part that intrigued him the most about what was written had to be the part about a snake living with lions.

Why would a snake, live with lions?

Lions were loud, territorial, chivalrous, and had a great amount of nerve to them.

Snakes, they liked to attack without warning, they were cunning, sly, and vicious when ready to strike.

There were some similarities to the two animals, but when it came down to it, lions protected their pack.
Snakes, they seemed to be better off on their own. They left their young to survive without them, and went on living.

Albus lived with a family of all Gryffindor's. He was pretty sure he could relate the house to its prideful symbol.

Albus shook the thought from his head, and walked with the rest of the group.