The Binder

(Hi guys! Thank you so much to take the time to read this! Please comment with any suggestions, and vote! Just to let you know, Zayn is pictured as himself. Ann is pictured as Selena Gomez, Grace is pictured as Lily Collins, and Adriana is pictured as India Eisley, and Ian is pictured as Keahu Kahuanui. I'll let you know who the other people are according to who is in each chapter, but One Directions members are all themselves.)

"I'm up!" I yell.

I ran down the stairs while simultaneously pulling my combat boots on. 

"What took you so long?" Ann groans. 

"I was up before you." I lie. I haven't missed waking up at 6 AM every day, that was probably the worst part about high school. 

"Whatever, Grace. I am going to be late for school, and Ian bought me coffee, so I need to get there before it gets cold." 

Did she really just say that? My sister, Ann, has been dating Ian for about a year now, and the two are inseparable. It's sickening. I shouldn't have offered to drive her, but I know I'm going back to New York in a week, and I actually did miss her a little bit. We are two years apart, and although we fought a lot, I never realized how close we were til I left for college this August. 

"Grace, let's go!" she yells again.

"Okay, okay."

*                            *                           *                             *                           *                           *                           *

Little Things comes on the radio and before I have time to say anything about how uncomfortable the song makes me, my sister turns the volume all the way up. 

"I love this song!" she says. "One Direction is literally perfection, I love them so much." I just smile at her fangirling when all of a sudden a radio host interrupts Harry's solo.

"To register for backstage passes to see the boys this friday night, tweet #onedirectionnyc at me. Good luck!" 

Ann literally screams at the top of her lungs and grabs my arm, causing me to almost swerve off the road. 

"What the hell Ann?" I yell.

"I'm sorry but oh my gosh I need to tweet at him. Where the heck is my phone?" She starts tearing her bag apart when a look of dissapointment floods across her face. "Oh my gosh I left it at home...Grace hurry give me yours."

"What why?" 

"Are you deaf? He just said if I tweeted at him I could win a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet the loves of my life."

"I thought Ian was the love of your life?" I say with a smirk. She rolls her eyes and grabs my phone from my bag in the backseat. After a minute of begging for my pass code, she finally tweets at the stupid radio man. I don't understand why she obsesses over this band so much. I mean, yeah, they are all really attractive, and extremely talented, but her obsession is unhealthy. Her room is covered in pictures of them all, it is basically a shrine. Every year she would beg for tickets to one of their concerts, but something always came up. This would literally make her life if she won.

"I hope you know, since you tweeted from my twitter, if I win, I get the tickets." I say jokingly.

"Shut-up Grace, if you win you better give the tickets to me. I'll even be nice and let you have the other ticket." 

"Wow how nice of you to let me have one of MY tickets." I say sarcastically. We pull up to the school and her best friend Adriana is waiting at the curb for her. I can't help but notice her binder with Zayn's face on it. As Ann steps out of the car Adriana comes up to the door and waves. "Nice binder." I say.

"Thanks Grace! I absolutely love him, he is perfect. I mean just look at him!" she practically shoves the binder in my face. After what felt like a year, I shove the binder back at her. 

"Thanks, yeah I can see he is pretty attractive."

She laughs and says "Silly girl, you mean extremely attractive." Excuse me?

"I just enetered to win backstage passes to their show on Friday!" Ann says to Adriana, breaking the  silence.

"Oh my god Ann if you win, you better bring me!" Adriana says while tugging on Ann's arm.

"Actually, I promised my sister I would bring her" Ann says "just cause she let me use her twitter to enter. If we even get chosen, I'm sure tons of other people entered." Adriana nods her head and looks at the ground, how could that have disappointed her so much? She looks like she just had her heart broken.

"If we win you can go with her Adriana, you're more of  a fan than me anyway." I say. She jumps into the passenger seat and hugs me a little too tightly. 

"Thank you so much!" She says with a grin from ear to ear. 

I politely smile and wave as the girls make their way into the high school I attended just last year. It seems like a lifetime ago. As much as I love NYU, I do miss high school sometimes. The familiarity of everything here has made me feel more comfortable than I have felt in months. I haven't really kept in touch with many of my friends. Ann and Adriana have been best friends forever, mainly bonding over One Direction. I still can't believe how upset Adriana got when Ann wasn't originally going to bring her if we won. There is no way we would, there are probably thousands of other girls tweeting at the radio show host, who are as big of fans of One Direction as Ann and Adriana are. My thoughts are interrupted by a beep from my phone. I pick it up and notice the radio show host requested to follow me on twitter.  I accept his request and look on his page to find I am already following him. Ann must have followed him when she tweeted at him. I put my phone down and head home, ignoring another beep from my phone.

*                            *                           *                             *                           *                           *                           *

I wake up to Ann shoving me. "What time is it?" I moan.

"Three, I just got home, were you sleeping all day? I texted you like three times and you didn't answer any of them." She says while pulling her boots off. I look around the room and notice I haven't looked at my phone since I followed the radio guy back. 

"Sorry, I haven't checked my phone since this morning." I say, still struggling to keep my eyes open. Waking up at 6 AM didn't do any good for me, I ended up going right back to bed the second I got home. Ann walks over to my bag and pulls my phone out. After a few seconds, Ann's jaw drops. "What?" I ask, scanning my memory for anything on my phone that could cause that kind of reaction. 

"GRACE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD IS THIS REAL LIFE PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS REAL LIFE!" She screams. She is beginning to worry me, so I get up and try to grab my phone from her, but she must have glued it to her hands because she isn't budging. "WE WON GRACE! I AM GOING TO MEET MY BOYFRIENDS!" I can not believe this, how did I get chosen out of all these people. This is unreal, I begin to feel a rush of disapointment as I realize I won't be able to go, but I know Ann would have more fun with someone who knew as much about One Direction as she did at the concert with her. 

"The concert is this Friday in the city!" she says, interrupting my thoughts. "Do you think you could bring Adriana and I, and then we could stay in your dorm after? The radio host says to call him at this number for all the info, I can call pretending to be you if you want?"

"Sure!" I say with a smile. "I can bring you guys down with me Friday, I have the rest of the week off for thanksgiving anyway."

"This is so great, I have to call Adriana! You are the best!" she says running out of the room. I lie back down and begin to think about why they like these guys so much. I find them kind of annoying, I bet they're all rude, just like every other celebrity. After thinking about it for a while, I realize I don't really want to go at all. Adriana can take my place, I don't need to waste my time with a bunch of 13 year olds.

(Thank you so much for reading! Comment and tell me what you think so far!)