Chapter Thirty-Five: Potato.

Magsimula sa umpisa

Lucas nodded, looking at me right in the eyes. "I was right. You do look much better than I do." He opened the door and I went inside the passenger seat.

He closed it and started to jog to the other side of the car. Because Lucas was Lucas he also must have forgotten that considering there was snow on the ground, there must be ice too because he slipped and fell. And it looked pretty painful.

I immediately got out of the car, hearing him groan. I helped him up, wiping the snow off. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

Lucas let out a breath, his face pinching in pain as he rolled his shoulders. "Let's never speak about that."

"Agreed." I smiled as we both entered the car.

Once he started driving, I looked over at him. "Okay," Lucas said, glancing at me before looking back at the road. "I'll let you know what we're doing first."

"Which is?"

"Movies. Because I know how much you love them."

"What kind?"

"The scary kind. I want to see if you're actually brave enough to watch them."

"I told you. I love horror movies. They don't scare me but if I laugh at them don't be surprised."

Lucas chuckled before he frowned. "Um...does your mom know about this date?"

She doesn't even know you're my boyfriend. I wanted to say but held back because my next answer probably confirmed everything.

"Not exactly."

"Okay, where does she think you are?"

"At the library."

"For the entire day?"

"I just have to be home by five thirty or six to make it seem like I didn't do anything wrong and technically I didn't do anything wrong." I tried to reason lamely. Lucas shot me a look, taking a left. "I didn't! I told her I was going to the library. Technically that's me going outside. I'm going outside and I just so happen to be with you. Will it make it better if I told her that you just so happened to be at the library and you helped me with English or something?"

Lucas sighed, stopping at a red light. "Sydney, I just don't want to be caught up in a lie."

"She doesn't know I'm dating you either." I blurted out.

"I kind of figured." He said, pressing the gas and the car started to move again.

There was a moment of silence between us and I pressed a hand to my temple, looking out the window at the frost covering the front lawn of the house passing by. "I like you okay? And telling my mom now would just ruin everything that happened between us. I don't like keeping things from her but just this? Okay? For now."

Lucas licked his lips, making a lane change. He gave me a small smile, the kind where his dimples still showed. "I like you too. Probably a lot more than I should. I mean, did you see me just wipeout in front of you?"

I laughed and Lucas took one hand off of the wheel encasing, his glove covered hand with mine. "But you're going to tell her one day right?"

"Yeah, yeah, I will." Hopefully when I graduate if Lucas and I are still together by then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back row.

Popcorn in my hand.

Lucas had a package of Twizzlers in his hand.

There was some girl screaming on the screen when some demon thing popped out at her. I held back laughter not only at the stupid scene on the screen but at Lucas. He was wide eyed behind his glasses, chewing on the Twizzlers like it was his last meal and flinched ever so slightly.