Chapter 15 ~ Taken

Start from the beginning

"I want you two to scamper through the bush and run when I push my back paw at you, got it?" I ask. They nod again with worried eyes. I turned my full attention back to the rouges and found the leader stood just in front of the wolf rouges.

"So you must be the famous Jay?" He gave a wicked grin. I snorted with disgust. He took a step closer to us. I snapped and growled at him telling him to keep his distance.

"I would very much appreciate it if you could shift so I could talk to you," he smiled. "After all, I am talking to a living legend."

"I can still talk to you in this form." I replied bluntly.

"Ah, well that's better than nothing."

"What do you want?" I snarled.

"I want you Jay." He grinned and then started to pace. "You see you will be a very valuable asset in this war that is coming up and we would very much like it if you would join and fight on our side. We will be invincible!" He shouted.

"That's clearly not going to happen."

"My dear Jay, I knew you wouldn't fight for us so I'm going to do the next best thing. You are going to come with us willingly or by force and we will take you far away from the war so you can't participate in it. The thing is you're in our way for us getting the victory and we don't like that. However, we don't want to kill you as you hold such a great power that this world doesn't want to lose. So what do you say? Are you going to come with us?"

"Over my dead body." I kicked the children with my hind legs pushing them into the bush. I positioned myself with my hackles raised and my body lowered to the floor ready for an attack. I held the rouges attention with my snarling so they didn't even notice that the children were gone and that if they paid close attention they would hear their little footfalls in the distance.

"Are you sure you don't want to reconsider?" The leader smiled at me as the rouges began to close in on me.

"I would never go with you!" I sneered.

"My dear Jay, I'm afraid you really don't have a choice." He looked at me and then to his men. "You know what to do."

One by one the rouges advanced towards me with their lips curled back and growling at me. I've been up against a large amount of rouges than this but I had a feeling that these guys aren't ordinary rouges.

From my right the first rouge attacked. He went for my back but I easily dodged him which sent him face first into the dirt, I let out a wolf's equivalent of a chuckle. The muddy brown wolf stood up and shook himself sending dirt flying, this gave me time to analyse him. He was slightly favouring his right front leg meaning that his left leg wasn't really of much use to him, this could be caused by an old injury and when he came at me it probably triggered it. He came at me again jumping for the back of my neck. I slid under him holding his left leg in my jaws, he yelped in pain and dropped to the floor whimpering. One down six to go. The next couple of wolves attacked individually and I was able to locate their weakness and take them down. I didn't kill some of them as I could tell that they really didn't want to be here. I had just finished off the last wolf that attacked me when I heard a number of running paws coming from the direction of the pack house. 

The children have done it; they've managed to get help! A breeze ran through my fur and carried a divine sent in the air. Cameron.

I was distracted for only a few seconds but those seconds allowed the last remaining wolves to attack me all at once. I yelped when I left jaws around my back right leg, another set of jaws clamped down on my back causing me to yelp again. I tried to shake them off but these rouges were stronger than the previous rouges that I fought. The jaws on me didn't loosen, they only held on tighter sending me to the ground.

~ Cameron's P.O.V ~

The group of wolves that Alpha Sage had assembled all followed him through the forest with the triplets and I hot on his heels. Alpha Sage came to an abrupt stop in front of us that we almost flew straight passed him. We all stood next to him and saw a little boy and a little girl stood shaking and crying. I shifted so I could talk to them.

"What are you two doing out here?" I asked with concern lacing into my words.

"W-w-we were taken by rouges when you were all at training..." The little girl trailed off.

"A-and they brought us into the forest to lure Jay. She saved us and she's still with them." The little boy finished.

"How many rouges were there?" I asked frantically.

"I'm not sure, but there was a lot."

I started to panic and worry for Jay's safety. She may think that I'm heartless and that I don't care for anyone but myself but she's wrong, I care for my pack and I care about her in fact since I've been here and seeing her all the time I think that I may even love her.

I quickly shifted and ran off towards where they children had said Jay was. I didn't even look to see if anyone was following me, I was more concerned about Jay and I needed to get to her and fast. I covered the remaining distance between us with great speed. Jay's delicious sent was strong now which told me that I was really close. I slowed my paced as I reached where Jay's scent was the most strongest. What I saw broke my heart and almost brought me to tears but it got my anger boiling. Jay was lying in the floor with rouges all over her their jaws all placed in different parts of her body. I shot out and tackled the rouge that had his jaws near her neck. Once I dealt with him I turned back to where Jay was laying but found that now all the rouges were no longer on her and were all looking at me. I positioned myself over Jay's unconscious body and snarled threateningly.

An evil cackle filled the forest surrounding me and a man stepped out from behind the trees.

"He's the leader," I hear in the back of my mind. It was Jay!

"You must be Jay's mate." He grinned. I just lowered my body further onto Jay's protecting her and growled. "Oh what a treat this is! I came to get the famous Jay, and I also manage to get her mate the source of her powers!" He exclaimed.

What does he mean I'm the source of her powers?

"I can tell by the look on your face that you are confused but we're going to have plenty of time to have a nice little chat about this."

Just as I was about to ask what he meant I felt something hit me in my rump. Everything around me started to spin and I started to feel unsteady on my feet, I shut my eyes to try to stop the world from spinning but nothing helped. My legs buckled underneath me and I landed on top of Jay. I opened my eyes and feet where in my vision.

"We'll talk soon."

I didn't hear or see anything else as the world around me grew dark and left me in a pit of nothingness.

~ A/N ~

Sorry, it's been a while since I've updated but it took me a while to think of what was going to happen next.

I really appreciate all of your comments and votes as it helps me to become a better writer. So, keep voting and leaving me comments negative or positive it's always helpful to me! And thank you all so much for over 5000 reads! That's amazing, I never thought that I would get this many reads so thanks again! Until next time :)