Chapter 24

~~~~~

I found myself in Damian's room. Sitting on his bed, sifting through the box of photos. To my surprise there were a few more additions. Six of them to be exact.

Damian and I cuddling in his room.

Damian sword fighting virtual ninjas (Amazing photo quality by Richard)

Damian Painting

Damian and Layla playing Violin together (Awwww)

Damian and I dancing

A close up of our dance and we were looking into eachothers eyes with a look of pure happiness.

I smiled down at the photos and closed the lid and put the box back in its place.

What happened earlier today played through my head. I sighed and fell back onto Damian's bed. What am I going to do. I meant what I said, I don't want to go back. She's not really my mom if she hasn't been there to see me grow as a person. She never called. She never tried. Then there's dad. He wants a perfect daughter, but I don't agree with his vision of perfect. They don't really care they just want to look like they do. I'm not their Daughter anymore, in my mind. Im sure Bruce wouldn't mind me living with them but while he is a great man I don't look up to him as a role model. I love Dick and Soni but Damian had silently claimed them long before I entered this misfit family. Tim is great but he's too young to adopt me. That would be kind of weird.

Jason. He's been there for me since I got here. I look up to him the most besides Dick. Serenity has always been my step in mom. If I have questions I ask her. If I need something I ask her. Thats It im asking Jason. I walked with determination all the way down the stairs until I saw Jason sitting in the tv room with the rest of the family. I stepped around Layla and Melody playing dolls on the floor and walked straight up to Jason.

"Um.. Jay can I talk..to you..in private..please?" I said nervously. He creased his eyebrows in confusion and stood up.

"Sure thing Wil." He followed me out into the hall and I looked up at him.

"I-I don't want to live with my family anymore." He nodded for me to continue.

"I want- I want to stay with you."

"Really?" His eyes were wide. I had caught him off guard.

I nodded.

"Why not Dick or Bruce or hell even Timothy?"

"They aren't you." He let out a small puff of air out of his nose and his signature smirk started to form on his face.

" I can't promise that my safe houses are nice but sure you can stay with Me, Ren, and Layla."

I jumped up and hugged him tight. He tensed but hugged back.

"Thanks Jay!"