Chapter 44-Guess whos back?

-- x ---

I rolled over in the huge unfamiliar bed.

"Oh good your awake" a voice purred.

I sprang up to find Lorenzo sitting at a desk in the far corner of the room.

I brushed back the hair in my face. "How long have I been asleep for?" 

He pursed his lips "Just over a day" he paused "What made you pass out like that?"

I gulped "Lack of sleep I suppose, I have been driving Ian couldn't drive if his life depended on it" I blinked at him seeing if he was buying it "And I was nervous"

He walked over to me sitting on the end of the bed "About what?" 

"Well its quite intimidating meeting a king, i have heard so many great things about you" I shrugged lying through my teeth, his eyes studied my face.

"There was no need to be nervous little one, in fact I was quite taken aback by your beauty" he moved towards me, he slowly rested a hand on my cheek as my breath caught he lowered his mouth to mine. It took every inch of my self control to not use my power against him, when someone entered the room.

The vampire looked between me and Lorenzo "Oh sorry sir, but general Ruther wants you about tonight" he bowed

Lorenzo looked at me one last time before standing up "Of course, is everything ready for tonight?"

The vampire nodded in response, Lorenzo walked to the door before turning to me. 'I have a dress hanging in my bathroom for you along with other beauty items I had my daughter get them for you" he smiled

"My I ask why?" I stuttered

"Stop being so nervous around me" he sighed rolling his eyes "There will be a party tonight, a homecoming you could say" he smirked

He went to leave when he turned again "Oh and your my date" he winked leaving me alone in his room.

My stomach knotted up as I realised this homecoming was for Callum, who will blow a casket if he sees Lorenzo and I together.

I sighed stretching and climbing out of the bed and into the bathroom, Lorenzos rooms was nothing like Callums, his was old and wooden, his bathroom was big but looked ancient this place really doesn't look like it has changed in the least from what I could tell.

I walked into the shower, well if I'm going to be his date might as well smell nice. I jumped into the shower the beads of water pelting me from every direction, stepping out I grabbed the dressing gown pulling it on. 

"Kit?" I heard Ian shout from the bedroom

"Coming" I sighed 

He was leaning against the bedpost nonchalantly.

"What do you want?" I muttered.

"Oh come on you have to think the fact that Lorenzo likes you is hilarious" he laughed

"Considering what? I'm his sons mate? He hates witches..and I am one? He really wants me dead? He has Dee hidden somewhere in this hell hole? Or that I know he killed his wife?" I narrowed my eyes at him

"When you put it like that" he mumbled.

"We are not staying past tonight, you find that god damn book and we go" I snarled 

"Yes ma'am" he smirked

"Its not funny, I can't stay here so get the book" I grunted walking back into the bathroom.