Chapter 42-Hey! those cracks in the ground match my heart

-- x ---

"You can stop now we will walk the rest of the way" he said unbuckling his seat belt. I pressed on the brakes giving him an incredulous look

"Here?" I asked "In the forest seriously?"

"Best place to learn" he paused "So I've been told" he opened his door stepping out of the car.

"Wait is this safe" I asked stepping out of the car, he opened the back grabbing a bag while I grabbed a coat.

He shrugged "I have you to save me" he teased

"Very funny" I muttered.

"Follow me" he nodded in the general direction ahead of him

I walked in silence, keeping up with him but at the same time keeping my distance. We had been driving for two days now, and boy has it been boring. I drove during the day, Ian drove during the night. We had stopped at some town yesterday so I could feed, apparently Ian trusted my self-control and it wasn't just a once-off.

Ian and I didn't talk much, he tried to talk about the weather at one point it still didn't work. I don't think we like each other much. It could be my fault, I don't really feel comfortable around him, usually I have a good sense of character and my senses were telling me to stay away from him, but I argued against my senses as I had trusted Callum.

Callum...

I missed him, I wasn't going to lie, just thinking about him made a lump rise in my throat. I missed being in his presence, his touch, his smell..sadly how he made me feel complete. I thought he was the one that would fix me, I was so broken before I came to the institute and I thought Callum was fixing me, I know it sounded weak but I needed someone in my life, it could have been Dee too but then she was taken away from me and I really was relying on Callum.

I took the phone out of my pocket biting hard on my lip drawing a little blood. He had been calling and texting none stop.

'Come home'

'I miss you'

'Mi amor'

'She meant nothing'

'She was all over me'

'I was deprived'

'your such a slut, I can't believe you cheated on me'

'Sorry'

'Your my everything'

'Your such a child running away, no wonder your parents didn't want you'

The texts, calls and voicemails just kept coming, I would throw the phone away but to be perfectly honest I was afraid I was truly on here. I don't know what possess's me to read and listen to the messages I guess I'm a suck for punishment.

"Earth to Kit" Ian waved his hand in my face, which I slapped away.

"What" I hissed through gritted teeth.

He held up his hands "Touchy" he murmured then he smiled "We're here" he beamed

I looked at where I was standing, the place was wet and gross, we were in a clear spot with trees only a few feet away in a circle, we were literally surrounded by trees, I heard some sort of running water from what I could hear it sounded like a stream rather than a river. There seemed to be no life in close proximity apart from, insects and birds.

I looked at him sideways "Really here?" 

"Yes you are now standing in a casting" he smiled

"Ooooh" I mocked