Looking for 'her'

Mackenzie POV

"Why won't you talk you fucking freak!!!" She hit me. Again. It hurt. I held my face to make it stop hurting but it didn't. So I cried.

Shawn came in. He was mean. I didn't like him. He smelled like bad drinks. He had a bottle in his hand and he hit me with it on my side. It hurt bad and I cried more and I couldn't stand anymore. I deserved this, they telled me. That's what the voices say. They're right. Always.

The workers finally left me alone and I cried. "Put on something decent you shit. We have a special guest today." Shawn yelled as he slammed the door, knowing what that did to me. I covered my ears and screamed because it made me remember bad things. 

I whimpered and stood up and I saw I wet myself. It was only because I was scared. I couldn't help it. I hated myself for it. I was stupid. 'Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!' I thought and I hit my head on the wall.

My side hurt and it was all bloody. I didn't know what to do so I took a shower and I stuck toilet paper on it when I got out. I hoped it would work. I looked in the bit of clothes I had. It was mostly stuff the other kids couldn't fit anymore.

I was smaller than the others. Maybe that's why they were mean. I was the smallest here, even out of the youngest. The youngest kid here was 2, his name was Logan. Logan was tall. 

I put on white tights because it was cold, a long sleeve black jumper, jean shorts, and black high tops. I left my curly hair down because I didn't know how to fix it and my head hurt bad when I brushed it.

I stared out the window and the voices started to be real mean to me. They never ever left me alone. They told me I had to listen or else. I never wanted to know what or else was. So I listened.

I went back to my bathroom and I threw up until I saw red and I hurt my skin. That's what they told me to do.. All the time. Or else. I was scared of or else. I brushed my teeth and cleaned up and left the bathroom. I went under my bed and got my stuffie I hid. It was a stuffed dragon with a unicorn horn. I called it Lolo.

It was there for me when I had no friends. The workers told me that if they saw me with it again they would take it and rip it's head off. I didn't want that. I loved Lolo. I held her close to my chest. The door busted open and I threw Lolo under the bed. "Oh, what is this we have here?" I stood in front of Lolo and cried. I wanted to keep Lolo safe. Safe from the bad people. 

I didn't want her to hurt Lolo. "Move!" She pushed me. Hard. My side hit the wall and it hurted. "I told you you're too old for this shit." She threw Lolo at me really hard and Lolo hit me in the eye. I covered my eye cause it hurt. The doorbell rang. "Saved by the fucking bell." She said. She pushed me down one more time and left after saying to go downstairs NOW. She yelled that real loud. 

I did what she telled me to. I went downstairs and hid. I hid with Lolo and my I pod and headphones. They didn't know I had it. If they did I would get in a lot of trouble. I got scared when I thought of it. I cuddled Lolo closer. 

I listened to skyscraper over and over A'cause it always made my breathing slower when it was too fast. I stayed there and tried to not cry loud so no body would find me. I was scared. A lot. It was hard not to cry lots cause I hurt all over and my eye hurt now too. I held Lolo to my eye to kiss it better.

Demi POV

I had finished a show not too long ago, it was the last one of my neon lights tour. I got into the black SUV that max pulled up in to take me to the nearby orphanage. It had been weighing heavy on my heart to adopt a little girl for the longest time and I just had a really good feeling about today. I simply couldn't bring myself to ignore it!